Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's not just you. They are putting thousands of peoples lives on hold. We've all just got to get on with it.
Its hard to get on with things but I understand everyone feels the same! I feel so bad for anyone who may have lost their jobs in this climate and can't get money back from their holidays that won't be going ahead so that they are able to put that money towards rent or food or transport or anything they need it for.

In an ideal world these companies would be able to make a decision but I know that the livelihoods of those that work in the travel industry are also at risk, without our business their companies risk going bust or the employees risk losing their jobs due to reduced cash flow.

Whoever thought that we would be going through this in this day and age!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 11:53 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am waiting to change flights to Toronto which were booked last year For Sept, we didn’t know about the virus then or would never have booked. My sons wedding has been changed to May 2021 and we can’t do anything which seems ridiculous.
Living in Limbo and I can’t stand it!
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Is Trump's ban to us still in place?
Yes, assuming you're a British, Irish or Schengen Zone national.

This ban was last updated on 22nd June when further restrictions were put in place for those travelling on certain visas.

Plus, only 13 airports in the USA are currently open to international visitors. Miami is the only one in Florida at the moment.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Its hard to get on with things! I feel so bad for anyone who may have lost their jobs in this climate and can't get money back from their holidays that won't be going ahead
You know nothing about me and what I go through in my life, what my financial situation is, what my health problems and life expectancy are.
Yet I get on with it because I know I'm not the only person this is all affecting.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I am waiting to change flights to Toronto which were booked last year For Sept, we didn’t know about the virus then or would never have booked. My sons wedding has been changed to May 2021 and we can’t do anything which seems ridiculous.
Living in Limbo and I can’t stand it!
I feel you there! We feel the same! We're due to pay off our Disney balance in August (thankfully managed to push the payment date back) but we can't touch that money or use it for anything we may need until we find out from BA what is happening

Hopefully you hear soon! Canada seem to be in a better position than the US.

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve got a BA flight booked for Sep 10th. Until fairly recently I was still hoping to go although I was pretty convinced it wouldn’t be happening. Now I’m really hoping it’ll be cancelled, although I’ll be disappointed as a few people in my travelling group are unlikely to be able to go ever again. Also got my balance due in two weeks reminder from Disney this am so need to call/live chat them to confirm it’s still three weeks before as I don’t want to pay obviously!
I think we just have to wait it out tbh. Pattern seems to be towards the end of the month for cancellations according to other threads so we should know by end July I’m guessing.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I just want my money back at this point! We bought the flights in October 2019 and then upgraded the flights at christmas before all of this went worldwide so they currently have £1,600 of my money currently which I would like back at this point!

I want to be able to get on with other things in my life such as getting excited about next years holidays or moving out but currently all the balls are in BA's court currently. They are really putting my life on hold right now!
I know what you mean.

We have flights with Virgin Atlantic supposedly on the 26th August. However, we've already decided to cancel and are in the process of cancelling the other bits of our holiday.

Virgin Atlantic have around £3000 of our money (we were flying PE). I'm playing the waiting game to see if they cancel.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There still a chance you fly I be leave it from 4 weeks that BA will cancel fly I do not know if you could fly from Canada to the USA as I now you can fly to Canada then on to the us might be a sneaky way around giving you the money back . I could of course be Wong have been in the past
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
I’ve got a BA flight booked for Sep 10th. Until fairly recently I was still hoping to go although I was pretty convinced it wouldn’t be happening. Now I’m really hoping it’ll be cancelled, although I’ll be disappointed as a few people in my travelling group are unlikely to be able to go ever again. Also got my balance due in two weeks reminder from Disney this am so need to call/live chat them to confirm it’s still three weeks before as I don’t want to pay obviously!
I think we just have to wait it out tbh. Pattern seems to be towards the end of the month for cancellations according to other threads so we should know by end July I’m guessing.
I called Disney on Monday and the guy I chatted too said that he couldn't see a note on my file to say that my balance due date had been extended! He said the balance extension was only for people due to travel in July & August so I would contact Disney ASAP if I were you and see if its the same case!

He told me 'this one time' they would honour it for me but I should've never been offered the balance extension I should still receive an email in a weeks time reminding me my balance is due but I can ignore it.

Old 2 Jul 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell7
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi I contacted BA last week as we are due to go in October and I was informed they notify you of cancellation 5/6 weeks before!
Tinkerbell7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List