Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jul 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Mobile Where to Holiday in the Caribbean September 2020

Hi All

I have booked México for the end of sept but looking likely it maybe cancelled 🙈

Therefore having only ever myself been to Orlando 🤣 where else would you recommend based on the new gov guidance for not having to quarantine
We would be flying from Manchester just two of us as couple!

We would like to go out of the resort complex like in Mexico preferably but also want to feel safe!

Thanks stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

can only speak for Barbados & Tobago

Barbados was perfectlt safe, lovely island we stayed nr St Lawrence Gap but i cant recall where.. was @20 years ago

Also Tobago was a little more edgy but safe just needed to be wary of locals being friendly / trying to scam you... didnt have any issues but was def a bit more 'dodgy' after dark

as i say this was 20 years ago so maybe be better/worse/same ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve only done Antigua and St Lucia. Both were amazing but I prefer Antigua for the white sand beaches. Either would be brilliant though and I think they are on the no quarantine list. We’ve just booked to go back to Antigua in feb and I cannot wait to get in the sea again 😍
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Than you - unfortunately tui don't fly to st lucia or antigua from manchester.

have been looking at jamaica but not sure about if it is safe to venture out of the resort?
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by stace View Post
Than you - unfortunately tui don't fly to st lucia or antigua from manchester.

have been looking at jamaica but not sure about if it is safe to venture out of the resort?
Having moved our US holiday until next year we’ve got the same thing but for October. Depending on the government changing the guidance on this country we are planning on the Dominican Republic (Hard Rock Hotel). Money we saved on moving the holiday means we can spend a bit more on this hotel.

Like yourself we wanted to book with TUI and fly from Manchester as was loads cheaper than booking elsewhere and having to fly BA from London.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Having moved our US holiday until next year we’ve got the same thing but for October. Depending on the government changing the guidance on this country we are planning on the Dominican Republic (Hard Rock Hotel). Money we saved on moving the holiday means we can spend a bit more on this hotel.

Like yourself we wanted to book with TUI and fly from Manchester as was loads cheaper than booking elsewhere and having to fly BA from London.
ahh that may be an option didn't see the hard rock hotel when i looked at dominican
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Just to note of caution... at the moment in Barbados they are looking at compulsory Covid testing on arrival (done at the airport and therefore substantially adding to your travelling time as you have to queue for the test & wait for the result) ... and you would be forced quarantine for 14 days at a specific hotel(s) if you test positive.
Also talk of alternatively getting tourists to produce an official negative test result (test within 72hrs of travel) on arrival.

This is what their government is presently proposing as the airport is about to re-open. That's not to say its going to happen but please be aware that this is currently proposed by their Prime Minister - so do keep an eye on developments on this front.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 10:47 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Just to note of caution... at the moment in Barbados they are looking at compulsory Covid testing on arrival (done at the airport and therefore substantially adding to your travelling time as you have to queue for the test & wait for the result) ... and you would be forced quarantine for 14 days at a specific hotel(s) if you test positive.
Also talk of alternatively getting tourists to produce an official negative test result (test within 72hrs of travel) on arrival.

This is what their government is presently proposing as the airport is about to re-open. That's not to say its going to happen but please be aware that this is currently proposed by their Prime Minister - so do keep an eye on developments on this front.
Sounds like the approach Dubai are going for also.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Having lived in the caribbean I would warn that the medical facilities on small island are not well financed. Many local people when seriously I'll are airlifted to bigger facilities in Miami or Trinidad. I know for instance there are about 5 ventilators in Antigua.

If it the unlikely event you became I'll during your stay your options would be limited, just worth considering.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Most of the Caribbean Islands are requiring a negative covid test before you fly, otherwise they will do it for you when you land and you'll have to wait. I was looking at going but I just can't take the risk of getting a test within 72hrs of going and waiting for the test to come back. What if it gets lost or comes back inconclusive? Just feels like a huge hassle for me, and not the most pleasant test to have done. Got my eye on the Maldives (no test required) but can't go there yet.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List