Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you get a choice of a couple (or what's available)

My issue is i like to plan and therefore i want to know where i will be staying a year out, that is why i book it over a year out.

I rang Disney and they wouldn't change hotels for me unless i paid and said to wait but i want to know how far in advance i will know where i will be staying.
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I think you get a choice of a couple (or what's available)

My issue is i like to plan and therefore i want to know where i will be staying a year out, that is why i book it over a year out.

I rang Disney and they wouldn't change hotels for me unless i paid and said to wait but i want to know how far in advance i will know where i will be staying.
Ditto!

A few years back,they were refurbishing Carribean Resort (we were booked to go there) and didn't think to tell anyone. There was war over it.

We got 'upgraded' into POR and ironically, I didn't want to go there but the other offer of Colorado Springs was as bad as Carribean as they had construction work there too.

In the end, we loved POR .I couldn't believe it as a few years prior we stayed at POFQ and I felt it was lacking in atmosphere and didn't like it.

It now appears IF POR doesn't open, then we will probably be offered Carribean or Colorado Springs OR perhaps POFQ? I don't know but its a bit ominous that these are the only ones appearing for us to book as far out as august/september 2021!

Oh and some of those who were booked into POR with a FULL dining plan got upgraded to stay at AKV jambo-lucky things!

I think some also got the wilderness lodge too, presumably to make room for those of us booked into POR at the time.

I'll wait and see now what happens as I had planned on downgrading to all stars if there were no 'offers' but thats off the books now, as no All Stars available either.
I may just go tickets only and book offsite hotel depending on cost.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Ditto!

A few years back,they were refurbishing Carribean Resort (we were booked to go there) and didn't think to tell anyone. There was war over it.

We got 'upgraded' into POR and ironically, I didn't want to go there but the other offer of Colorado Springs was as bad as Carribean as they had construction work there too.

In the end, we loved POR .I couldn't believe it as a few years prior we stayed at POFQ and I felt it was lacking in atmosphere and didn't like it.

It now appears IF POR doesn't open, then we will probably be offered Carribean or Colorado Springs OR perhaps POFQ? I don't know but its a bit ominous that these are the only ones appearing for us to book as far out as august/september 2021!

Oh and some of those who were booked into POR with a FULL dining plan got upgraded to stay at AKV jambo-lucky things!

I think some also got the wilderness lodge too, presumably to make room for those of us booked into POR at the time.

I'll wait and see now what happens as I had planned on downgrading to all stars if there were no 'offers' but thats off the books now, as no All Stars available either.
I may just go tickets only and book offsite hotel depending on cost.

Well i am booked at Wilderness Lodge for Sept 21 and just worry by the time they decide to move us then there won't be much availability else where.

I might try calling in a month or so see if they could do something?
Old 17 Jul 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Well i am booked at Wilderness Lodge for Sept 21 and just worry by the time they decide to move us then there won't be much availability else where.

I might try calling in a month or so see if they could do something?
Let us know what they say. I'd like to know how long to leave it until you contact them. Not going until next December but wondering how far ahead they are thinking on about this if things don't change.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

I have booked for next March, with Disney itself, and I am booked into Port Orleans and it shows up on MDE. So that's very strange, probably will end up having an email moving me I expect, bit surprised it hasn't happened already.
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were due to stay at POR in 6th August 2020 and haven’t heard anything from them. I presume it’s because they know we can’t get there but I’m still surprised they haven’t contacted us. Our flight is still due to go as it’s flying into Miami but I have requested a voucher. I’m leaving the Disney booking just to see what they say but it’s only 20 days away, they are definitely taking their time
2023 - Hard Rock Hotel & 21 nights POR to celebrate my 40th birthday 🥳
2025 - Universal Royal Pacific then back to our home at Port Orleans
Wishuponastar83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Mobile

For what its worth for those wondering where they might be upgraded too if All Stars are shut. I once got upgraded to the AK Lodge from there, with the other option being Coronado Springs, so you might end up in a deluxe.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
For what its worth for those wondering where they might be upgraded too if All Stars are shut. I once got upgraded to the AK Lodge from there, with the other option being Coronado Springs, so you might end up in a deluxe.
Actually, you've just reminded me of my first trip to Disney with mum, niece and DS. (many moons ago)

We were staying offsite and I called to find out if they had any value rooms available on St Patricks day as I wanted to surprise mum with an onsite stay.
The operator was lovely and told me to call back when I was ready to book and to specifically ask for a deluxe All Star Movies room, which I did and for an extra $100 over the 'rack rate' for a value, they were able to offer me 1 night in the contemporary garden rooms!

This, because they had no value or moderate rooms left for our date.

It was a 1 time offer. SO I nabbed it!

Needless to say, we were all thrilled, especially as we had the monorail too, so we just packed 1 overnight bag. Left everything else in the offsite hotel and bought a 1 night/2 day park admission to use at Magic Kingdom day 1 and Hollywood Studios (MGM then) the next day.

We saw all the parades and Paddy's day celebrations.

It was brilliant. We got back day 2 after 12 midnight and were wrecked!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 05:56 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think at this stage they just don't know, they must be hoping for a bounce back but worst case they don't want a lot of nearly empty hotels. They can "fall back" on the DVC resorts because legally they have to be open if Disney is open & the reason they opened first. It doesn't make sense to me to close both Port Orleans resorts & you would think that they would be looking at having a Mod on the Springs loop unless the plan is to utilise both SSR & OKW.
TBh they are never the best at keeping you informed, had my hotel changed twice in one booking & I only knew when i got a new invoice, they then moved me to AKl & then announced, 2 weeks later, that the pool was closed!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List