Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Jul 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
OMG I had forgotten about that too - definitely gave me nightmares at the time (and would probably still do that today)
(There was another similar program (I think) when children used to roll under a fence and end up in a different time zone/place - cant remember much else but it scared me)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
(There was another similar program (I think) when children used to roll under a fence and end up in a different time zone/place - cant remember much else but it scared me)
I've just googled. Was it Timeslip? I don't remember watching that one.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
Thats it ! Thank you - yep it scared me and put me off sci-fi films for life (except Dr Who - yeah cant figure that out either)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
So been watching a lot of re-runs in lockdown and I’ve come to the conclusion that they don’t write tv themes like they used to. This was my favourite

Let’s be careful out there!
Just found this thread, brilliant 👍

Played Hill street blues and got a wave of nostalgia come over me. I loved this programme, pretty gritty and the cops were as bad as the criminals At times.

Edit: OMG Taxi, loved this too. On quite late as I remember... memories haha

Edit: Cheers... loved this too lol

How do you add a video to post?

Edited at 11:38 AM.
levtweeney is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
Some programmes were very region specific I remember maybe so. We had a switch TV that had 405 and 625 lines plus a twin aerial As house was on top a hill between Belmont and Waltham transmitters so got either get Anglia TV or Midlands TV. Very high tech for the 1960/70s lol When there was only 2 then 3 channels to choose from
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Airwolf
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

And ya gotta love a bit of Jim Henson

Old 20 Jul 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Played Hill street blues and got a wave of nostalgia come over me.
Oh yes indeed. Such a good programme. Lost it's way toward the end but don't most series. When the theme tune kicked in, you knew you were in for a treat.

And hey... hey. Let's be careful out there...

My number one all time TV programme with the most stirring theme tune to match by Snuffy Walden.

Jed Bartlett. The best President America never had. I swear on my parents' graves, I've watched every one of the 156 episodes at least 20 times - absolutely no exaggeration. I am a West Wing bore.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Oh yes indeed. Such a good programme. Lost it's way toward the end but don't most series. When the theme tune kicked in, you knew you were in for a treat.

And hey... hey. Let's be careful out there...

My number one all time TV programme with the most stirring theme tune to match by Snuffy Walden.

Jed Bartlett. The best President America never had. I swear on my parents' graves, I've watched every one of the 156 episodes at least 20 times - absolutely no exaggeration. I am a West Wing bore.
I loved but my wife sounds like, she watches it every evening, all episodes are on our Sky box
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List