Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Jul 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile Nerja Mainland Spain

Hi guys
Weve seen a really nice villa at the beginning of October in Nerja.
Not going to book yet but whats the area like? My Dad went a couple of times about 20yrs ago and obviously loved it as he went back (can't ask him as he's passed away now)
So just wondering if anyones been and can comment.
Thanks

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I honestly have no idea what it is like. However, our friends go EVERY year without fail to their parents villa/timeshare so it can't be that bad...!
Have you google mapped it/street view... ? At least you'll be able to guage what it looks like.
Old 23 Jul 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Nerja is lovely and walks down to Balcon de Europa is beutiful. Plenty pubs and restuarants and plenty walks. People are so friendly also. Bus trip to firigiliana is a must and also the caves is a good visit.

would love to go back
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

I really like Nerja, my parents love it and go at least 4 times a year.

It's still quite Spanish compared to a lot of the Costa Del Sol and it's a lovely resort for families or couples, definitely not a party type place.
Streets around plazas close to the town centre are quite quaint and pretty and there are lots of bars, restaurants and Tapas bars close to the Balcon de Europa, which has some lovely views and nice photo opportunities. Redondo (The Round Bar) is fab: you order a drink and point at whatever free Tapas you would like, there's always around 20 to choose from.

There's some lovely day trips: Nerja caves are worth a look and the pretty white washed village of Frigliana is a 1euro bus ride away and the views and tapas there are beautiful.

There are loads of beaches: Burriana Beach (down what the locals call 'cardiac hill) is probably more popular with the British and Germans and the restaurants down there cater more towards that, Torrecilla beach is the most accessible and there are lovely smaller cove- type beaches too. The sunsets are beautiful too!
A few photos from when when parents and sister were in Nerja during the off season :

Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

we stayed in a hostel but was more like a room only but had a lovely roof terrace. Seen hardly anyone and was sooooo quiet. would recommend the hostel to everyone .. was like 7 min walk to balcon de europa
Old 23 Jul 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love Nerja. (We were stuck there an extra week back when the Volcano erupted)
Nice walks, great beach, loads of bars with free Tapas bowl to entice you in.
Got me thinking we may give it another whirl this year
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

I was just looking at this area! What would weather be like in dec/jan time? And would it be a good place for a toddler? Xx
Old 23 Jul 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

not sure as to weather. there is a lovely spot at beach at balcon de europa. And we seen plenty families with young kids.
Old 23 Jul 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
I was just looking at this area! What would weather be like in dec/jan time? And would it be a good place for a toddler? Xx
Daytime highs low to mid teens with the odd day around 19/20c. Bit of rain around. Definitely toddler friendly. My sister took her little boy when he was 18 months and he had a great time on the beaches and was welcome in all restaurants and bars x
Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

We used to goto Nerja at least twice a year

friend of my mrs had a aprtment there we sued & also bigger villas with friends.. another of her friend relocated there about 15 years back?

great place & frigliana well worth a visit as well

thinking on last time we went was end of september for my birthday weather was fab
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List