Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 Jul 20, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Historical comedies

I absolutely love shows like Ghosts, Norsemen, Historical Roasts, Drunk History, and Miracle Workers: Dark Ages. Can anyone recommend any other comedy series with historical settings? I’ve seen all the Blackadders, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Horrible Histories 😅 Thanks in advance!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

My dh likes upstart crow
Old 24 Jul 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Not TV but have you heard any of Greg Jenner's You're dead to me podcasts?bbc/programmes/p07...odes/downloads
Old 24 Jul 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Love You’re Dead to Me, I’ve listened to them all 😅 I love learning about people and periods in history that are overlooked in schools, like Mansa Musa (who managed to destroy Egypt’s economy by handing out free gold) and Justinian and Theodora (who did something quite rude with a swan)

I watched the first couple of episodes of Upstart Crow...I’m not a fan of David Mitchell but I love the actress who played Yara Greyjoy in Game of Thrones, so I will add it to iPlayer and see how far I get this time.

Other series my partner and I have seen already: The Great (which is by the guy who wrote The Favourite and very similar in terms of humour), Up The Women (we actually got to see Jessica Hines and co. filming an episode of this at the BBC studio in Southbank), Plebs, Time Wasters, and What We Do In The Shadows (we decided this one counts as the characters are hundreds of years old!)

The Penny Dreadfuls and Kill the Beast are two groups who produce hilarious audio dramas and stage shows; we’ve been lucky enough to see them both live and have listened to all their radio shows and podcasts.

More suggestions please 😍
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

how about GREAT MINDS WITH DAN HARMON?

the guy who created COMMUNITY did a series for the history channel a while back...

(also, i assume youve seen both the UK and US drunk history shows, not just the uk one?)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I loved Community so I will have to check this out, thank you!
Yes, I’ve watched the US version of Drunk History- I’m not sure which one I prefer!
Old 26 Jul 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Quacks.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Quacks.
Watched it and loved it, hoping for a second season!