Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jul 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jigsawlady
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Which parks to book - advice appreciated

Hi

So we're due to go end of October - really hoping its cancelled as I dont fancy the masks and lack of park hopping, fireworks, fast passes , our travel agent however is pushing us to reserve parks in case it does go ahead.

We have a 14 day orlando ticket but are currently booked in a disney hotel for the first 7 days and then a universal hotel for the last 7 so was aiming to do all of disney in the first week.

Which park are best to book on which days?

Theres 4 parks so which one do we only do once?

Is there any particuarly days of the week to avoid? - I read something about Epcot being good for weekends as its less busy?

My little girl is princess & star wars mad so I think if we do Magic Kingdom & HS twice wee should hopefully get to do the rides / attractions we wanted to.

We've never been so any advice from season dibbers would be very welcome!

TIA
Jigsawlady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

With the reservation system in place it really doesn't matter as the parks are all a lot quieter now.

Hollywood Studios seems to be the busiest. I'd maybe avoid weekends there and book a couple of days to be safe.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I would't worry about what days of the week are best, all parks are operating a reduced capacity anyway, maybe just avoid MK on a Saturday.

I would do two each for MK, EPCOT and DHS leaving one for AK.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I would do two each for MK, HS and AK and only one for Epcot.

It used to be that Epcot is best avoided at weekends that time of year as locals go to the food festival. However with restricted numbers maybe it wouldn’t make much difference anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sorry not really answering the question but have you considered moving your holiday, or would you lose much if you cancel? Even if it goes ahead I don't think it would be the best experience for a first time visitor at the moment, especially with kids.
Old 24 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Assuming cancelling/delaying isn't an option, for a first visit if you can I would IYKWIM, anyway;
2 days MK
Probably 2 Days HS - I say probably because if the "shows" aren't going then the rides aren't enough for a 2 dayer IMO
1 day Epcot- depends on how much of the interactions are back if any, otherwise it's not great for kids
1 day AK- under normal circumstances I would place AK above HS but without the shows like Lion King, & I'm assuming that also no street performers, it's a big park with not a lot of "rides".
Look no-one from UK knows what it's currently like but even for 2 grown adults, no fireworks or parades, street performers etc would be enough for me to postpone, as it all adds to the atmosphere of the holiday
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jigsawlady

Mobile

I wish I could postpone or cancel but the yaren't letting us at all 😞 we booked through travel consultants but I wanted to make sure we have reserved seats on the flight so we paid in full(on a credit card) so that the flight would be allocated to us and we could choose seats, apparently once that is done there's no way to postpone.

I'm still fighting quite a lot to move dates but they are so far refusing. I'm hoping for a cancellation tbh and then may even wait until 2022 to rebook but the TA is saying there's no hope unless foreign office advice says not to travel so thought we'd better book the parks just in case
Jigsawlady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jigsawlady

Mobile

Thanks so much for the replies about which parks - definitely helps and I'll get them reserved in case we do have to go
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

IMO, which parks to visit twice really comes down to personal opinion. It's natural for people to suggest MK and Epcot due to there seize and number of attractions but that doesn't necessarily mean it will suit you. I would research each park in depth and then you will be able to make more of an informed decision.
Blueste is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As already mentioned, the old days of parks being busier on certain days than others is no longer applicable. A lot of the guidance in busy day guides was based around EMH days and party nights and those are no longer on and so don't affect crowd levels.

I'm not sure how long the Food and Wine Festival is going to go on at Epcot this year but you may want to avoid weekends at Epcot (although numbers of guests are restricted, there may be a few more drunk people at the weekend).

I would probably visit MK twice due to the number of rides. For the rest, I would've previously said visit Epcot and AK twice - but I last visited before Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge were built at HS. With the construction work at Epcot, you may want to just visit Epcot once and visit AK and HS twice instead.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List