Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aug 2021... am I mad?

So. I have been saying all along, since cancelling this year and cancelling Feb 21, that we would not go till 2022. Been adamant that we would not go before then due to the uncertainty. Until today that is. Dh & I have been talking about booking something for next summer, we've both had a crappy time the last few months due to working throughout Covid, and it would be so nice to have something to look forward to. We moved our villa from this August to next August on the off chance we could make it work. We also have a £750 voucher from ba we can use towards a fly drive.

Been looking today at villas in Europe, Lanzarote is our European holiday of choice. Pricing it all up - along with flights, villa, car hire in Lanza, it's coming out roughly the same price (ive guestimated the fly drive price to Florida)

If I booked a fly drive when they're released with BA it would be a £350-450 deposit, which I would be willing to suck up should we need to cancel or move the booking.

Does anyone think it's mental to even think about August 21? Things are still so all over the place, but I would like to think things would be a bit better in the world? We're not bothered with the parks, we have a day disney ticket left should we want to visit, but would think about seaworld/DC.

Anyone else of the same mindset? Or is it just me dreaming like a crazy person thinking I could make it work?!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosey203
Excited about Disney

I have been booked for September 2021 since before this all started and I intend to go if I can! We aren't doing Disney either, just universal and seaworld. Were we doing disney i think its a different discussion. I say if you're willing to move it etc as needed, do it!
Rosey203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1177720

There are a few of us planning Aug 2021
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

mad no. hopeful yes.

Unfortunately there are too many unanswered questions.

Is the vaccine going to work? When will the vaccine be ready?
How long is it going to take to vaccinate 328.2 million Americans?
Will the new president keep the borders closed until a large percentage or even all of the population has been vaccinated?
Will the US only let people in who have been vaccinated?

TBH too many unknowns for me to book for August 2021.
But if you are willing to gamble the deposit it might worth a shot.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

We have booked villa and bought Disney tickets for August 21. when BA flights are released we will book them too. There may never be a vaccine and we may need to learn to live with Covid for the foreseeable future. Due to my eldests age next year is probably the last time we will have a “family” holiday and we all absolutely love Florida so can’t think of anywhere else we would want to go. I’m not fussed about parades but would like the fireworks back and not too keen on wearing a mask in the heat but we will manage it whatever happens. If the plane goes I will be on it!

Edited at 10:56 PM.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Not mad at all no point in having a trip planning forum if people are to scared to plan - we booked the middle of the lockdown for August next year maybe a gamble of £350 maybe not but the price was good and we are in a similar situation as mrsmagoo.
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Thanks everyone, I need to convince dh more than anything. He's very reluctant, but I just want to keep it as an option, I don't want to spend £2.5k on a villa in Europe, did that for years and we enjoy the US far more now, so think I will wait to see what prices are like when the flights are released, and go from there. If we can get a good deal, then I think it's worth the risk of losing the deposit. I don't think Covid is going anywhere anytime soon, but it's a year away, look how much things have changed in the last 4 months.

If masks are still mandatory in the parks then we wont do the parks, and it seems such a waste to let the villa go as it's a lovely dibb villa and I was so looking forward to it this year!

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thanks everyone, I need to convince dh more than anything. He's very reluctant, but I just want to keep it as an option, I don't want to spend £2.5k on a villa in Europe, did that for years and we enjoy the US far more now, so think I will wait to see what prices are like when the flights are released, and go from there. If we can get a good deal, then I think it's worth the risk of losing the deposit. I don't think Covid is going anywhere anytime soon, but it's a year away, look how much things have changed in the last 4 months.

If masks are still mandatory in the parks then we wont do the parks, and it seems such a waste to let the villa go as it's a lovely dibb villa and I was so looking forward to it this year!
We have booked for Aug 2021 too in the hope that things will be different. Need something to look forward to! But I'm slightly anxious too. We're only out of pocket for our villa and the Disney tickets (which are insured if we don't go). Not sure what to do about flights - how does the ba flydrive work with the deposit? I've looked at Virgin and its so expensive.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We booked our villa for August 2021 last year, we have everything crossed that we can go. Am hoping to book fly drive when released but doubt if our insurance would cover them if we had to cancel. We have DC tickets booked and would give Disney a miss if it is still as it is now.
Old 2 Aug 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by KitCat2019 View Post
We have booked for Aug 2021 too in the hope that things will be different. Need something to look forward to! But I'm slightly anxious too. We're only out of pocket for our villa and the Disney tickets (which are insured if we don't go). Not sure what to do about flights - how does the ba flydrive work with the deposit? I've looked at Virgin and its so expensive.
The beauty of a BA fly drive is that all the insurances are included, you don't need to upgrade to silver, gold etc like Virgin. You can also customise your trip. last year we flew into Tampa and out of Miami, this year we should have flown into Orlando and out of Miami. You just pay a deposit, we've always paid £350 and the balance is due before you go, I think it's 3 weeks now. Only thing to remember is that this doesn't include seat reservations, you pay for them on top, although we've never bothered.