Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DH and I have been chatting about holidays so much lately, and nothing floats our boat more than Florida. We've seen a fair bit of the world between us and I just want to go somewhere familiar that I know we all love.

We changed our Dibb villa from this August to Aug 21 - 2 weeks, 14th to 28th. I am going to keep an eye on flights and take a risk with the deposit of a fly drive into either Tampa or Miami, if the price is right. We will prob just do Universal, and one day at Disney. But DH is adamant that we will not be going if masks are still mandatory. I’m also due to have surgery and until I have a date I am trying not to plan too much! But I can deal with that, it's just nice to have the idea in your head that it's a possibility, hope is everything right now!

Edited at 10:11 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

oh! i’ll join! we lost our first trip when thomas cook went bust, then covid cancelled this july so we’ve rescheduled for july 2021, with disney being as up in arms as it is, we settled on 4 weeks in a villa and god knows we need it
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Booked for May, got everything organised even park days!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Was already saving for October 2020 but hadn't booked...so aiming for October 2021.

Plan would be onsite Disney, onsite Universal, Busch etc as we think it might be our last trip for a while!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

We booked back in April for two weeks in Oct 21...

We are flying virgin to MCO (booked Gatwick but it looks like we are now moved to Heathrow lol) staying at POFQ and hoping to pay to add the DDP if it comes back. We also have 14 day ultimates guaranteed but if I feel the new offering is better once details are released then I may change!

Was a huge risk booking at the height of the pandemic but we’ve paid over half off already and feeling pretty relaxed about it... it’s trip number 9 for us so we know exactly what we are in for.

I’m also glad that we booked when we did because our dates are currently not on sale any more.

Edited at 02:50 PM.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Booked our flights this morning, really need some positive vibes and something to look forward to.
Thanks for starting the thread!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm loving all this positivity! We have a dibb villa booked for Sept 21. Its still to soon to book flights but we are watching them closely. We have our disney tickets and our park days booked too. We expect there to be some restrictions in place but we wont let the get in the way of us going.

Im looking forward to reading everyones trip reports next year. I do miss them.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMacks
I want to go now!

Think everyone needs a bit of positivity, lots of people quick to be negative. Thanks for starting 😊

We have booked for July 21. We had been planning on going back next year anyway as really wanted to go to galaxy's Edge as dh & ds are star wars mad. Go to universal as dd loves Harry Potter and now into Marvel plus its our 10 Yr wedding anniversary and I love Disney and being in florida so perfect excuse.
We have got 2 weeks in a villa booked with Tui, booked and paid for (with protection) our Disney park tickets so our days are booked with them. Only doing Disney and universal this time to make sure we had some rest time as going with other family too.
I am really hoping parades, fireworks and character meets will be back on next year and we haven't got to wear face masks but if we have to then we will.
Hope everyone manages to get away where they want to go and maybe see you real soon in Disney 😉
Disneyland Paris for a magical Christmas 2014
Disney World Florida A little Jedi's first trip 2022
DisneyMacks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Booked our flights this morning, really need some positive vibes and something to look forward to.
Thanks for starting the thread!
Looking at your countdown you're going at a similar time to us. We rebooked our June 2020 flights yesterday to June 2021, it's a great feeling to have flights booked again

The price was good and we've upgraded to premium economy and will still be getting some money back (due to having one less person coming with us) .

We've already booked a villa which we've stayed in before so now just need to sort out car hire and park tickets plus any hotels we might want to spend one night in.

Edited at 10:19 AM.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

We have booked for June 2021, deposit with Disney for OKW and tickets and deposit with travel agent for flights, Hard Rock hotel and Universal tickets. Have direct Saturday flights with Aer Lingus as reckon that Saturday flights would be the last one to drop! They often change their scheduled days of the week. Have booked park passes as well so hopefully that is it until next year!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List