Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 May 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Car Hire Help Needed

Hi, can anyone recommend and car hire companies that either drop at your hotel or are close by to MCO or I Drive? Also we want to hire a specific car so are there any rentals places where you actually get the car you hired and not a similar one?

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. You have lost me slightly as all the big players are at the airport so you can hire and drop off from there.
Also some of them have a presence on I Drive in a few of the Hotels.

For example Alamo are in the Four Points Hotel etc.

What type of car are you actually after as very few will guarantee a model albeit I think the Hertz adrenaline collection does. Big money!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Is car in the drive still a thing?
Old 31 May 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Is car in the drive still a thing?
I think it is but last I heard it was up for sale. So expensive though.

Edit. By the way the overuse of Capital letters is not me

DUE TO THE 2020 COVID-19 PANDEMIC THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANYMORE NEW INQUIRIES FOR ARRIVALS AFTER MARCH 1ST 2021

LIKE MANY SMALL BUSINESSES WE HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY THE ONGOING SITUATION AND UNDERSTANDABLY HAVE RECEIVED ALMOST 100% CANCELLATIONS FROM OUR 2020 GUESTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TRAVEL DURING THESE TIMES.

THEREFORE WE HAVE TO GIVE PRIORITY TO ALL OF OUR EXISTING GUESTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY RE-SCHEDULING THEIR RESERVATIONS THROUGH 2021.

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

You probably won't be able to obtain prices with Alamo for downtown locations... As Alamo have temorarily closed these offices and don't know when they'll be reopening them, they've left the closure on the systems as open ended.. so means we can't place any bookings, even for next year.

The DCCC is still open, albeit with reduced hours, so thats the only location you can book from as well as MCO.

Unfortunately all the rental companies will assign you a vehicle from the category you've booked from when you collect from the downtown offices. They won't guarantee any specific make or model.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You have lost me slightly as all the big players are at the airport so you can hire and drop off from there.
Also some of them have a presence on I Drive in a few of the Hotels.

For example Alamo are in the Four Points Hotel etc.

What type of car are you actually after as very few will guarantee a model albeit I think the Hertz adrenaline collection does. Big money!
We are not renting the day we land and will be returning the car half way through our holiday so collecting at the airport isn't really an option. Our plan is to land and head to a hotel within 20/30 minutes from the airport for the first night then collect the car the following day to head out on our road trip. We have 9 nights booked at the HRH so ideally want to drop the car off somewhere close by so we can just head to the hotel for check in. We will have our luggage with us so the easier the better.

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
As the Parks get busier and the hotels reopen I think the car hire desks will also reopen in said hotels.

If it was me I would give it 1 or 2 months and see what develops as time is somewhat on your side.

Old 1 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
The DCCC is still open, albeit with reduced hours, so thats the only location you can book from as well as MCO.

Unfortunately all the rental companies will assign you a vehicle from the category you've booked from when you collect from the downtown offices. They won't guarantee any specific make or model.
This is where I am having the problem.. I have found a couple of companies where I can hire specific cars but they aren't exactly local.

Old 1 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

MCO would be the best chance of getting the car you want as some companies do pick from row, and there is a chance that you will get the car you want in the row, but this is no guarantee of getting what you want. Out of interest which car are you looking for?
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
MCO would be the best chance of getting the car you want as some companies do pick from row, and there is a chance that you will get the car you want in the row, but this is no guarantee of getting what you want. Out of interest which car are you looking for?
Nothing overly fancy.. A Chevrolet Camaro or Dodge Challenger.