Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 20, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve visited many US states and like many, are regular Florida visitors. We plan on returning to Utah, Yellowstone and The Tetons in the next 2 years. We love the National Parks and prefer visiting them to visiting cities.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Would return to:
Cape Cod
New England
San Francisco
Niagara (on Canafian side though)
Washington

Wouldn’t return to New Orleans

Lots of places we haven’t been to that we would like to visit incl New York.

Not US but would also return to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
On my to do list.
Boston
Washington
Philadelphia
The Catskills
Seattle

On my return list
Juliette a tiny town where Fried Green Tomatoes in the Whistle Stop Cafe was filmed.

On my probably won’t return list. Just a few of the places. Nothing wrong with any of them just not a priority to go back.
NY
L.A.
Las Vegas
San Fran
Miami
New Orleans
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We visit NY most summers as we go to the US Open at Flushing Meadows. I love New York and could never tire of it.
We are also going back to San Diego in a year or so as we fell in love with it on our last visit.
Funnily enough, Florida is somewhere we probably won’t revisit for a long time.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

This is really interesting for me. As a family, we find the US offers us so much in terms of things to do, sunshine, and a good standard of accommodation compared to Europe. This thread gives lots of ideas. I’ve been to

San Francisco - only spent a day there while waiting for a connecting flight - would love to explore properly

Reno - no need to go back, had a brilliant time as a friend was working there as part of her uni course, so me & her brother visited for New Year. But no need for go again.

New York - enjoyed it, would go back, was due to go in November with the kids but decided not to.

Florida - a little bit of my heart is there, not so much the parks anymore, but just the state in general.

My dh has visited Hawaii & San Diego when he was in the Royal Navy, we would love to visit them both but as a family of 4 it is mega bucks!

My future list is a Tennessee, Georgia & the Carolinas road trip.

San Francisco down to San Diego.

Vegas - still need to go, just for a one off experience, hopefully for my 40th next year.

Seattle, twinned with Vancouver & possibly Hawaii.

And id love to go to Colorado at Christmas and stay in a cabin.

Trouble is, whenever I get my holiday planning head in, i always ALWAYS deviate to Florida... I think it’s an illness😂 ! I need to break the link but dh doesn’t want to spend a similar amount of money on a holiday that might not be as good 🙄

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
This is really interesting for me. As a family, we find the US offers us so much in terms of things to do, sunshine, and a good standard of accommodation compared to Europe. This thread gives lots of ideas. I’ve been to

San Francisco - only spent a day there while waiting for a connecting flight - would love to explore properly

Reno - no need to go back, had a brilliant time as a friend was working there as part of her uni course, so me & her brother visited for New Year. But no need for go again.

New York - enjoyed it, would go back, was due to go in November with the kids but decided not to.

Florida - a little bit of my heart is there, not so much the parks anymore, but just the state in general.

My dh has visited Hawaii & San Diego when he was in the Royal Navy, we would love to visit them both but as a family of 4 it is mega bucks!

My future list is a Tennessee, Georgia & the Carolinas road trip.

San Francisco down to San Diego.

Vegas - still need to go, just for a one off experience, hopefully for my 40th next year.

Seattle, twinned with Vancouver & possibly Hawaii.

And id love to go to Colorado at Christmas and stay in a cabin.

Trouble is, whenever I get my holiday planning head in, i always ALWAYS deviate to Florida... I think it’s an illness😂 ! I need to break the link but dh doesn’t want to spend a similar amount of money on a holiday that might not be as good 🙄
We nearly always do a split stay, hopefully this year will be Austin Texas with a side trip to Fort worth ( Crispy A has a great trip report) then a cheap internal flight to Miami to get our Florida Gulf coast fix and them home Vis Miami . Fly drive is already booked just hoping we can go

We have also done Washingon- florida, New york- florida, Boston- florida, Toronto-Niagara- Florida, Ottawa - Florida, Las vegas- Grand canyon - Utah - Florida
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MsSparkles
Excited about Disney

Have visited lots of places in the USA on various road trips. Still love Florida though.

On my to do list:
Hawaii
Yellowstone
Utah
Savannah
Route 66 (ok, not a specific place but a road trip I'd love to do!).

On my go back to list:
Smoky Mountains - love it here, actually love most of the places in Tennessee in general
Florida Keys - one of my favourite places
Lake Tahoe - amazing scenery, another favourite
Clearwater Beach - again, I love it here
Seattle - only stayed here one night so would like to explore more
Cape Cod - went here in Autumn, would like to go in summer
Carolinas - would love to explore more here
Yosemite - beautiful place

On my no priority to go back list. Nothing wrong with these places, they either just weren't 'us' or we feel like we've done all we need to do there (but wouldn't say no to going back to any of them if someone offered me a free ticket!):

Las Vegas
San Francisco
San Diego
Dallas
Austin
Galveston
San Antonio
Atlanta
Washington DC
New Orleans
Charleston
Boston
New York

Have been to Toronto, Niagara, Vancouver and Montreal too. Would like to go back and explore Vancouver a little more.

Kind of happy my 'to do' list is much shorter than my 'no priority to go back' list - otherwise I'd have no money left!

1990 - Disney World (I Drive), 1997 - Disney World (I Drive), 2007 & 2008 - Disneyland Paris, 2009 & 2011 - Disney World (I Drive & LBV) , 2013 - Disneyland California (offsite) - 2015 Disney World (BCL & LBV) , 2017 & 2022 Disney World (LBV) Plus many other US holidays and road trips (aiming to visit every state )

Edited at 10:37 PM.
MsSparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Well some amazing places here that you have all been will or won’t go back to
Nice to see we are all so different
Australia coast to coast by luxury train with stops and then back on the next train is still high on the list
When we all can enjoy what this wonderful world has to offer
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Here’s your ears Virginia is one of the most beautiful states but not well traveled by us Brits
You have so much to see do shop and just enjoy
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Would do again:

Washington DC (not at the moment!)
Myrtle Beach
LA

Might do to show the kids, but didn't particularly enjoy

Las Vegas