Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 16, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
I cannot give blood as a do not reach the minimum weight requirement but I am thankful for everybody that does. I needed it after giving birth and I wish I could give back!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
my 17 year old son gave blood for the first time a few weeks back , he did it all of his own back .I have never weighed enough sadly as I would love to do it too . Why is there a weight limit does anyone know?
Same here!

I have copied this from the website...
'This is because this is the safest weight/body mass to enable approx half a litre of blood to be suddenly taken away. Anyone under this weight regardless of height would have a problem adjusting quickly enough and could pass out and possibly hurt themselves further if they fell. Not everybody would react the same way but in the interests of all it is sensible to err on the side of caution.'

It's a shame but it makes sense.

Must. Eat. More. McDonald's!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do!

Gets me 5 minutes peace, a packet of Bourbons & might just save a life. Well worth it!
Old 19 Apr 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I wish I could but having had a transfusion myself I am now not able to donate. However I will entirely grateful to those who saved my life after giving birth
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have donated 60 times and my wife is at 48. In 2012 our youngest daughter, aged 8 at the time, received two units of blood during a 7 hour spinal operation. Makes the half-hour three times a year for both of us extra special.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Same here!

I have copied this from the website...
'This is because this is the safest weight/body mass to enable approx half a litre of blood to be suddenly taken away. Anyone under this weight regardless of height would have a problem adjusting quickly enough and could pass out and possibly hurt themselves further if they fell. Not everybody would react the same way but in the interests of all it is sensible to err on the side of caution.'

It's a shame but it makes sense.

Must. Eat. More. McDonald's!
thanks for that , I am quite small and felt my weight was in proportion for my height so wondered why it would make a difference .
Old 19 Apr 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

We are not allowed to donate over here in the US as we were in the UK during between certain dates whilst BSE was a problem.

However, both me and dh have required blood transfusions since we have lived here, so I would just like to say, thank you to you all for giving blood, wherever you are
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I really admire anyone that's in the higher numbers of donations. I've done 6 donations inbetween babies, antibiotics, anemia etc. It's quite difficult finding the time but I will continue to do it when I can. I'm O neg so they are always after mine!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Yep i'm on the list, after losing a friend to blood cancer last year it means so much to know I could potentially help someone one day
My Grandma died of Leukaemia, so that's my motivation too - she was never in remission so a bone marrow transplant wouldn't have helped her, but it could save someone else. I hope I get the chance to donate one day
Old 19 Apr 16, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm on no 5!
They use a mobile van in the pub carpark 2 mins from home.
Only go for the cuppa and club biscuit!

Katie x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread