Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jan 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Centreparcs uk questions

Hi.

We have a weekend booked at the end of march. The school holidays in woburn seem to start a week later than ours, so this is a lower priced weekend.

Not been to cp for a long while so a couple of questions:

If you want a bike, but want to check whether the weather is good enough first, can you hire when checking in, rather than pre-booking. Would there be a difference in cost etc.

Eating out. Do you need to pre-book, or can you get tables on the day without too much hassle for an evening meal.

Quiz. Only shows as bookable for check in ie friday and check out ie monday evenings. is it likely that they would run one without prebooking over the weekend, or do they really only do the quizzes on those days.

We have prebooked spa and aerial adventure, and playing the rest by ear.

Any other tips and advice would be welcome. Thanks. D
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Don't know about Woburn or bikes, but generally all the CP are the same.

If they say a quiz is run on one night, then yes, it will only be run that night.

Most of the CP I have been to, yes you do need to book restaurants if you want to eat between 5.30 and 7.30pm - outside those times it is easier to get a walk-up.

Tips - take bird seed with you - attracts wildlife to your "lodge". We take hot chocolate powder and marshmallows for an evening in as a family tradition (even in August!).

Check out what's there for free - playgrounds/walks/pool (obv!)/ wildlife huts and hides/beach/fitness circuit etc, all great for a bit of fun.

We sometimes do the adventure golf over a lunchtime when you can walk up and it is usually quiet.

Last visit to Longleat we pre-booked Falconry which was wonderful, spent so much time holding and flying the birds - was worth every penny.

Don't know the age of the kids- but we used to (and did as a blast from the past last year DDs16/18) do the matchbox challenge - how many different things can you find that will all fit in a standard matchbox together - you will be surprised! (a grain of sand, a bit of pollen, an eyelash and a seed are very, very small!)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, we've been a few times and visited Woburn in the summer.
You can hire bikes on arrival, don't go straight away though because the queue is normally quite big. Unpack and then venture down after a few hours. Woburn is quite hilly, our youngest is 7 and was fine but I imagine it being tough on you get one's. From memory I think the cost is per break and is the same price as online.

Take some bird food/nuts with you for the wildlife.

Our children enjoyed the Pancake House and the electric boats on the lake.

Have a lovely time

If you want the busy times (5 until 7) I'd definitely prebook.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We have just returned, we ate at hucks, if we had booked a reservation on line they had an offer on for children eating at reduced price, as we did walk up we couldn’t take advantage of offer.

Edited at 01:56 AM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Bikes are the same price for pre booking and on the day.
I've not been yet to Woburn, but from what i've heard it's a smaller park and is all in a bowl shape, with the main area at the bottom. Therefore, it's hilly with the lodges going up the sides of the 'bowl', so I planned not to use bikes as it sounds easier to walk!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Don't forget to take lots of money
Woburn is apparently flat ? Or so I was told unlike Longleat ! They did quizzes at Longleat at a weekend when we were there
Cabana hire at the pool is a top tip from me
We have just booked Longleat again for 16 for Sept
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We’ve been to CP many times, Woburn we visited last October. It’s only a small parc and very hilly. Our teens hired bikes on the day we arrived but really they are not necessary as everything is together at Woburn.

Definitely book the restaurant’s for evening meals and be prepared for a wait at the Pancake House (not Pre bookable) as this is very popular.

Quiz night will just be the scheduled night.

Take essentials with you, the onsite shop is well stocked and not too bad price wise for most things. We always go fully loaded with our shopping, booze etc.

Have a great time. We love CP 😁
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Morty
Proud to wear my Ears

We took bikes the first time we stayed. They were hardly used because it is so hilly. Haven’t bothered taking them since, just easier to walk.
Morty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We've been to Woburn the last three or four years: last year in October half term.

As others have said, no difference in price for bikes. The queues can be a bit long, if you pre-book I would collect as soon as you get there. There isn't a need for a bike as it is small - we've never hired them for myself and OH but we get them for the kids as there isn't much opportunity for them to cycle safely in central London at their age.

Most restaurants you can walk up, but if you want to eat at Huck's and are fussy about times (small kids?) I would book that restaurant so you don't end up disappointed or with a long wait.

Yes, the quizzes will be at the advertised times only.

My daughter did the aerial adventure ages 8 (with her dad) and loved it! We haven't been able to go to the spa yet but I hear good things.

Some stuff at the Outdoor activity centre can get booked up early such as Segway, the little kids offroaders thing etc, so I would book these if you are interested. Many other things don't need prebooking.

THEY HAVE TWO NEW ESCAPE ROOMS! (sorry I looove escape rooms and they weren't quite open at our last visit last October). I would imagine these will need advance booking as I suspect they will be popular.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
We've been to Woburn the last three or four years: last year in October half term.

As others have said, no difference in price for bikes. The queues can be a bit long, if you pre-book I would collect as soon as you get there. There isn't a need for a bike as it is small - we've never hired them for myself and OH but we get them for the kids as there isn't much opportunity for them to cycle safely in central London at their age.

Most restaurants you can walk up, but if you want to eat at Huck's and are fussy about times (small kids?) I would book that restaurant so you don't end up disappointed or with a long wait.

Yes, the quizzes will be at the advertised times only.

My daughter did the aerial adventure ages 8 (with her dad) and loved it! We haven't been able to go to the spa yet but I hear good things.

Some stuff at the Outdoor activity centre can get booked up early such as Segway, the little kids offroaders thing etc, so I would book these if you are interested. Many other things don't need prebooking.

THEY HAVE TWO NEW ESCAPE ROOMS! (sorry I looove escape rooms and they weren't quite open at our last visit last October). I would imagine these will need advance booking as I suspect they will be popular.
The escape room at longleat was fabulous

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List