Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Did you check what you agreed to in a copy of the terms and conditions you signed as most owners we have rented from seem to have a set of t&c’s which sets out their conditions for hiring out their villas? Depending on what you signed up to would have thought travel insurance should be first route. It is always important to make sure any travel insurance you get covers all aspects of your holiday. We always upgrade our annual travel insurance to make sure it covers everything we think might occur. Fortunately for us this time we were also covered.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I had 2 Dibb villas booked this year. First one was cancelled in April, and I claimed on my travel insurance. I have another booked for September, deposit only, and who knows whether we will be going or not, hopefully so. The problem I see for the future is that everyone will be looking for a safe way to pay, and this is not always possible with a private villa, and for sure any future bookings will not be covered by insurance. We can see that some villa owners are going above and beyond to help their guests affected by this, but unfortunately, some aren't.

It won't stop me booking a private villa, indeed I have booked again already for next year. It just begs the question as per the original post, which is the best way to pay and would villa owners be more flexible?

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
I had 2 Dibb villas booked this year. First one was cancelled in April, and I claimed on my travel insurance. I have another booked for September, deposit only, and who knows whether we will be going or not, hopefully so. The problem I see for the future is that everyone will be looking for a safe way to pay, and this is not always possible with a private villa, and for sure any future bookings will not be covered by insurance. We can see that some villa owners are going above and beyond to help their guests affected by this, but unfortunately, some aren't.

It won't stop me booking a private villa, indeed I have booked again already for next year. It just begs the question as per the original post, which is the best way to pay and would villa owners be more flexible?
I do all my payments by bank transfer. Works for me.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I do all my payments by bank transfer. Works for me.
As have I in the past, but it gives you no protection whatsoever. So I just wondered what other methods of payment will be acceptable to villa owners to give the renter some protection.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As have I in the past, but it gives you no protection whatsoever. So I just wondered what other methods of payment will be acceptable to villa owners to give the renter some protection.
I take your point but there has to be mutual trust. If you are a good guest you would not believe what a lot of guests see as their right to remove.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

In my circumstances it’s based on mutual trust and it’s never failed me to date. That’s why I use U.K. owners and I’ve spoken to them during the process.

Booking a dibb villa offers no greater protection either at the end of the day it’s down to trust.

Edited at 04:53 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have booked the dibb villa that we booked last time,we could pay through PayPal with credit card , loved the villa last time and the lady who owns it is fantastic 😀
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

We have paid a deposit on a villa £200 but owner will not refund. Travel insurance company are taking excess of £50 per person if we want to claim. That will be £200. I used bank transfer.
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's why I was reluctant to do this now ,sorry to hear your having trouble .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
That's why I was reluctant to do this now ,sorry to hear your having trouble .
We have booked a villa like this the past 5 times, go with your gut instinct when you communicate with a villa owner
We have used the same people the last few times so have built a good trust between us and they are very helpful
If you don’t have that luxury then do your checks on the property as others have said
Check the villa is actually owned by who they say they are
Check that all taxes have been paid - this is freely available on the appropriate website for each county or area
Speak on the phone to the owner if you can and have insurance in place before you start
Pay by CC if possible but some owners do not have the facility to do that due to costs I would assume
If everything stacks up then go ahead ...
never gone wrong yet ... he says 😃
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List