Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Deposit paid on park tickets - don’t know what to do yet?

Not sure if this is the right place but I’m sure someone will move it if not. We supposed to be going in September - we paid a deposit and booked park tickets with Florida tix. So today we have had an email saying in light of recent announcements by Disney if we still intend to go balance due to be paid by 10th June or if we don’t respond they will take it we aren’t going and cancel the tickets and obviously lose our deposit.
Thing is we don’t know what’s going on yet do we. Currently there are travel restrictions - if we can’t fly then park tickets are no good to us. But also we don’t know re any quarantine by September do we? I mean - if we are going for 2 weeks but then have to quarantine for 2 weeks when we get back as per our government guidelines then it can’t happen. I was just going with the flow and waiting til nearer the time to see what happened but then this email came so just wondered what others thoughts are? Have you received emails/what you doing?

TIA

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile

This email was our nail in the coffin.

We were due to travel in October but I just don’t think it will be the holiday we want it to be.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
This email was our nail in the coffin.

We were due to travel in October but I just don’t think it will be the holiday we want it to be.
This is the thing. Obviously we don’t know how things will be. Dh has said wait to see - he is thinking we will have a better idea how things will be once people start going again - maybe get info in here or watching vloggers etc. I don’t want to go “compromised” - I’m anxious about health safety but I worry that if there are limited capacity and you have to do this reservation system it’s a long way to go and a lot of money to get there and not be able to do anything. But this email means we have 9 days to decide.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile

It’s so hard and the truth is no one knows what it will be like Sept Oct time.

Personally it just doesn’t sit right with me at the moment to hand anymore money over, so essentially they have forced our hand earlier than we planned to make a definitive decision, as we were just going to wait and see what the situation was when the balance was due in July.

It’s not been an easy decision for us, we last went 2017 and have not had a holiday since and saved every penny for this October.

Kids are ok with it thankfully
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
It’s so hard and the truth is no one knows what it will be like Sept Oct time.

Personally it just doesn’t sit right with me at the moment to hand anymore money over, so essentially they have forced our hand earlier than we planned to make a definitive decision, as we were just going to wait and see what the situation was when the balance was due in July.

It’s not been an easy decision for us, we last went 2017 and have not had a holiday since and saved every penny for this October.

Kids are ok with it thankfully
That’s the thing. None of us know how things will be by then and I have sort of come to terms with the fact that we won’t go this year - much as I love going I’d rather it was the complete experience (for the money we pay and the time we wait), but DH was saying wait until the deposit if the holiday is due hopefully we will know more and can make a decision but this email is just park tickets so I think as you say this will force our hand now.