Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I requested a refund via WhatsApp on Tuesday, and last night got a reply saying they are only dealing with enquiries from people travelling soon.
I suspect that this was an automated clean up because a human hadn't picked up my conversation within 60 hours (guessing from the timing).

So there are people having some success with VS, I'm just not one of them. I submitted my request again and am now back at the start of the auto responses, so I'll wait and see if I get anywhere this time.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Thanks Hun .. I have just sent so will see if I get a reply.
Like I say I’m hoping they will start processing so I can change my booking over before June 4th.
Let me know how you get on or if you hear anything else back ...

I thought making the decision to change to next year was the hard bit ... 🤣 xx
Did you get any reply back?

I sent another WhatsApp on Sunday saying I had not received any more correspondence. They replied last night and said on the system it shows the refund was requested but it will take time. Also although the original 747 flight still shows active, I should keep an eye on the website for updates. They also said any bubble seats will be automatically refunded for any 747 cancelled flights. So I'm assuming at some point it will eventually change to the replacement planes and we can book seats again. They also said that because my booking is via Virgin Holidays they "should" update me with all changes.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Did you get any reply back?

I sent another WhatsApp on Sunday saying I had not received any more correspondence. They replied last night and said on the system it shows the refund was requested but it will take time. Also although the original 747 flight still shows active, I should keep an eye on the website for updates. They also said any bubble seats will be automatically refunded for any 747 cancelled flights. So I'm assuming at some point it will eventually change to the replacement planes and we can book seats again. They also said that because my booking is via Virgin Holidays they "should" update me with all changes.
Hi Hun .. I was with VH to and at first they said it’s still showing as available on 747 I pointed out that plane was out of service and they could not provide the service, she came back saying they will cancel and submit to process the refund. Then when I checked seats were cancelled xxx
Old 27 May 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I textedto them asking for a refund on my bubble seats and received a reply stating that “the conversation is closed”
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Muffles
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Send an inital whatsapp with:

My booking details are:
Lead booking name.
Booking Reference.
Flight number.
Flight time and route.

Then a general comment like:
Can you process a refund of £xxx paid on (date you paid for upgrade) for the upgrade to the bubble seats for our outbound/return flight.

Then you will get an auto reply asking to select you choice. Pick:

5) General enquiry

So type 5 and send that as the next message.

You will get another auto reply. Select

7) Anything else

Type 7 and send that as the reply.

You will get another reply saying they will pass your details onto an advisor.

No problem, I will pass you through to one of the team who will be able to help! Please send us your Flying Club and/or booking reference or e-ticket number so we can start helping you with your query straight away!

Resend you first whatsapp message that states your lead booking name, flight details, flight number and route and cost of upgrade and that you want a refund because they no longer are operating the plane with the bubble.

My reply today said they will refund. It took 4 days including the weekend from sending the first message to getting the refund message back today.

Hope this helps.
After many failed attempts to speak to Virgin regarding the bubble seats refund, I tried the method given by eggsRspecial and it worked for me. I received a response within a few hours and was advised my refund request had been passed onto the refund department. I was told I would receive an email once the refund department had picked up the refund request and another when the refund has been completed.
Now just a waiting game for the refund to appear back in my account.
Muffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

I tried to get a refund off Virgin for Extra Legroom Seats we never got. After being shoved from pillar to post for weeks on end and asked for information I didn't have and the fact that it was costing me a fortune in phone calls, Im still waiting 5 years on... Virgin will do anything not to pay money back if they can get away with it.

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List