Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

This is the birthday cake I made for my husband on saturday, I made two actually as the first one sank in the middle and stuck to the tin so I wasnt happy with it. It is an orange sponge, Delia recipe, which is his favourite. He also wanted to lick the bowl like a five year old (he was 63) Its not the smartest looking cake but it did taste nice.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
This is the birthday cake I made for my husband on saturday, I made two actually as the first one sank in the middle and stuck to the tin so I wasnt happy with it. It is an orange sponge, Delia recipe, which is his favourite. He also wanted to lick the bowl like a five year old (he was 63) Its not the smartest looking cake but it did taste nice.

That looks delicious especially as it’s an orange sponge, makes it more interesting than a plain sponge. I hope your DH managed to have a good birthday. I laughed at him licking the bowl 😂

It’s my DH’s birthday in a few week’s time. I have no idea what to buy him, it’s always difficult as he has no hobbies to buy for and he’s not into designer things. We usually celebrate with a theatre trip and a meal out or similar as he enjoys that but it’s not going to be possible this year
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Men really are difficult to buy for arent they? We joked that I booked the rocket launch as his present, he loves space stuff, and also as a bonus gift, a slot at the local dump!

What more could a man want?

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Men really are difficult to buy for arent they? We joked that I booked the rocket launch as his present, he loves space stuff, and also as a bonus gift, a slot at the local dump!

My DH has a chainsaw and spends time cutting wood for our woodburner. I joked I could buy him some oil for his chainsaw, sadly he would probably love that as a gift 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I bought DH a telescope from Aldi it was only cheap but its brilliant, looking forward to using it in the winter .

Do you have a dark sky park near you ?they do talks etc at the one closest to us in the Elan Valley we had to cancel ours so will go again when we can .

* That cake looks lovely nothing like a bit of homemade cake
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I bought DH a telescope from Aldi it was only cheap but its brilliant, looking forward to using it in the winter .

Do you have a dark sky park near you ?they do talks etc at the one closest to us in the Elan Valley we had to cancel ours so will go again when we can .

Thanks Snowbelle! I havent heard of a dark sky park before will have to check that out it sounds interesting.

Our trip reports -
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post

That sounds a really good gift, I would love one of those (sadly not my birthday for a long while though 😀 )
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH’s is at the end of the month. He sent me a link for a knife sharpening thing- I should get it ordered probably 🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
My DH’s is at the end of the month. He sent me a link for a knife sharpening thing- I should get it ordered probably 🤣
Don’t men like the strangest things? 😂 And before men reply (although they are welcome to, as I’d love to know if they have any ideas of what to buy my DH 😂 ), I agree that handbags and perfume probably seem just as strange to them too.
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I think men prefer practical presents, we like more personal since we do practical every day 🤣
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List