Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Just priced Sapphire Falls for ourselves with tickets - same 16 nights as Disney.
£2000 cheaper but need to get food out of that plus less parks Vs Disney (I know Disney doesn't have the DDP now but i based it on it having it originally IYGWIM).

Can see a plan coming together

Edited to add - if we get 35% off Disney like the US of A have then it would be same price Have to wait and see
Same here re the price. The thing that's really putting me off Disney is having to reserve a park in advance. With Universal you won't have to as they'll be taking onsite guests into account. So if for example I want to go to Volcano Bay in the morning and one of the others in the afternoon I'll be able to.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Same here re the price. The thing that's really putting me off Disney is having to reserve a park in advance. With Universal you won't have to as they'll be taking onsite guests into account. So if for example I want to go to Volcano Bay in the morning and one of the others in the afternoon I'll be able to.
So in terms of onsite hotels for getting into the parks...does that include Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay?
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
So in terms of onsite hotels for getting into the parks...does that include Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay?
Yes, all onsite hotels.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
That's exactly what's putting us off tbh as is the case with you and others i would assume.
Waterpark days are the biggest ones as know a few hours there then we tend to go. We need to go in the think tank but an offer is needed first to drop the price
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Floridatix have made announcement about ticket only sales:

floridatix/blog/walt...latest-update/

Here is a copy for those not wanting to click link:

Walt Disney World Resort in Florida recently made the decision to stop all NEW 2020 ticket sales. Read their official announcement at the bottom of this article.

Official Update from FloridaTix in relation to WDW 2020 Ticket Changes

Disney are insisting that all customers (whether booked direct with Disney or with an official partner like Floridatix) finalise all ticket bookings by the 10th June.

What does this mean for me?

If you still intend to travel to Florida during 2020, then you will need to ensure that your outstanding balance is paid in full before the 10th June 2020. Once your balance has been paid in full, your tickets will be valid until 30th September 2021. Tickets will be despatched within 14 days of you paying your outstanding balance.

To pay your balance, simply click here: floridatix/deposit/login and enter your email address and Booking ID. You will then be able to pay your balance by credit card or paypal. If you would prefer to pay over the phone, then please call 0330 100 3130. Please be aware phone lines may be busy and are open Mon – Fri 10am – 2pm.

If you haven’t paid your final balance by 10th June, we will be unable to supply you with your tickets because Disney will not allow us to activate any tickets past this deadline.

If you no longer intend to travel to Florida in 2020 then you don’t need to do anything. If we haven’t heard from you by the 10th June 2020, we will assume that you wish for your booking to be cancelled and we will action this for you (standard terms & conditions apply).

Any partially used tickets will not be entitled to any refunds.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Surely that cannot apply to UK visitors who have no idea if international travel will be allowed?!
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Surely that cannot apply to UK visitors who have no idea if international travel will be allowed?!
They are a UK based company so 🤷.

I read on Twitter that someone said AttractionTickets are going to issue an email this afternoon. I’ll be interested in what they say as we have accommodation and tickets booked with them
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I think it can as they say you can use them up until sep 2021 .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm hoping we get some more info from Disney today. I know I'm in the minority, but I'd be quite pleased with 35% like US guests have been offered. We're staying 7 nights at POR and were on the QSDP. So it would be about £500 cheaper. There's only 2 of us in a room so I think that would cover most of our food spends for the week.

We're not too fussed about parades or character meets. Will be disappointed if there's no fireworks or park hopping but we can live with it.

Have also been pricing up staying at Universal instead and we're all happy to do that if Disney don't end up offering the 35%
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I think it can as they say you can use them up until sep 2021 .
I must apologise, I read all that in the context of package bookings with hotels, not just tickets!