Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati_andy
I have Ears

Floridatix announcement for Disney prebooked tickets

Hi all, just had an email from floridatix saying that Disney have advised them that any prebooked tickets are now being finalised /honoured with them and approved agencies. They have to advise Disney by 10th June so I have to pay balance by then or cancel etc. The tickets will be valid till 30th sept 21.
ducati_andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati_andy
I have Ears

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope you are keeping well and all of your friends & family are too.

We're sure you’ve seen the recent announcement from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and their decision to stop all new bookings for 2020. You can read the full announcement here. In addition to this decision, Disney are insisting that all customers (whether booked direct with Disney or with an official partner like Floridatix) finalise all ticket bookings by the 10th June.

What does this mean for me?

If you still intend to travel to Florida during 2020, then you will need to ensure that your outstanding balance is paid in full before the 10th June 2020. Once your balance has been paid in full, your tickets will be valid until 30th September 2021. Tickets will be despatched within 14 days of you paying your outstanding balance.

To pay your balance, simply click here and enter your email address and Booking ID. You will then be able to pay your balance by credit card or paypal. If you would prefer to pay over the phone, then please call 0330 100 3130. Please be aware phone lines may be busy and are open Mon - Fri 10am - 2pm.

If you haven’t paid your final balance by 10th June, we will be unable to supply you with your tickets because Disney will not allow us to activate any tickets past this deadline.

If you no longer intend to travel to Florida in 2020 then you don’t need to do anything. If we haven’t heard from you by the 10th June 2020, we will assume that you wish for your booking to be cancelled and we will action this for you (standard terms & conditions apply).

Any partially used tickets will not be entitled to any refunds.
ducati_andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile

Is it worth even asking if we would get our deposit back!?
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
Is it worth even asking if we would get our deposit back!?
My guess is there standard t and C means you loose your deposit very unfair
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstya1973
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

kirstya1973's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've just paid my balance as I am still hoping to go in September. If we get nearer and that is not the case, I will change the dates to May/June next year and the tickets will still be valid.
Amerisuites Oct 2004, Enclaves Feb 2006, Bahama Bay Feb 2007, Mike Ditka Oct 2008, Floridays Oct 2009, Floridays May 2011, Tampa Oct 2011, Bahama Bay Oct 2013, Sheraton Vistana Resort Jul 2015, Rosen Inn @ Pointe May 2016. Holiday Inn Vacations Orange Lake Nov 2017. Texas & Florida roadtrip April 2018. Florida & New York Sep 2019, Florida Mar 2020 (NOT) Florida Sep 2020 (NOT) April 2021(NOT) October 2022
kirstya1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Will be interesting to see if other companies all say the same.
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Surely by asking for the money early they are changing their terms with you. What if you don't have the money right now to do that?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Surely by asking for the money early they are changing their terms with you. What if you don't have the money right now to do that?
they you lose. simple. Pay by the specified date or don't go. Like I said Disney are really clamping down on capacity levels. This is just another way. They are actively discouraging guests and putting in restrictions and policies in order for guests to self cancel.

They really don't care about internationals who have just paid a deposit for a trip in November and who don't have the money for the balance right now.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

I’ve just emailed virgin about this as we have tickets included in our package (E tickets I persume we can print off 30 days prior to departure) but not going till October but yet again reply came back saying if you aren’t travelling within next 72 hours we are unable to help you at this time. 😡
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bunts View Post
I’ve just emailed virgin about this as we have tickets included in our package (E tickets I persume we can print off 30 days prior to departure) but not going till October but yet again reply came back saying if you aren’t travelling within next 72 hours we are unable to help you at this time. 😡
I’ve tweeted asking VH much the same - how does this affect tix bought as part of a package - and so far it’s all been silent. I’ll update if I get a reply
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List