Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 May 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Parking and hotel at heathrow

With the prospect of BA moving to Heathrow and our holiday booked for November, with our overnight stay and parking already sorted but at Gatwick, throws out the question of where to stay and park if it is moved.

We have never gone from Heathrow so wouldn't have a clue but thought we had better start looking and put a plan B in place just in case.

Any help appreciated as staying positive that it will still go ahead anyway.
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

For departures from Terminal 5 I'd stay at the Thistle everytime

thistle/en/hotels/lo...erminal-5.html
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We always use the Heathrow meet and greet, and because we come from Wales we ussually stay in the Premier inn on the M4 so 5/10 minutes from the terminal 3 parking, lots of peole stay in the premier inn Bath RD too
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't help but I am following as exactly the same thing has happened to us. I believe that BA main hub is T5 but I guess we can't bank on that until we hear from BA - everything else at the moment is pure speculation.

When VA cancelled our April flights I got a full refund from the official LGW car park very quickly. Our booking with Premier Inn was moved to November at no extra cost but will we still need it and would PI move us again to LHR at the same cost? Trouble is I don't know where the PIs are in relation to T5. It was a walk over the road at LGW.

At Heathrow we've stayed four or five times in hotels on the Bath Road where we also leave the car.

Guess we can't do much until BA formally tell us.

Mick
Old 19 May 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Can't help but I am following as exactly the same thing has happened to us. I believe that BA main hub is T5 but I guess we can't bank on that until we hear from BA - everything else at the moment is pure speculation.

When VA cancelled our April flights I got a full refund from the official LGW car park very quickly. Our booking with Premier Inn was moved to November at no extra cost but will we still need it and would PI move us again to LHR at the same cost? Trouble is I don't know where the PIs are in relation to T5. It was a walk over the road at LGW.

At Heathrow we've stayed four or five times in hotels on the Bath Road where we also leave the car.

Guess we can't do much until BA formally tell us.

Mick
Yes similar situation all round as our holiday in April was with BA and we got a full refund from BA and the airport parking too.

Have heard the Thistle is very good and they are showing a price for stay and.. car but only for 15 nights so suppose would have to ring as it would be for 16 nights
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
For departures from Terminal 5 I'd stay at the Thistle everytime

thistle/en/hotels/lo...erminal-5.html
Can you tell me where do you park?
Old 19 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

When I flew BA to Miami it was terminal 3 , so may depend where you are flying from? Are BA definately leaving Gatwick, because we are looking at flying to Tampa next year and that is still showing as Gatwick
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by FLORIDA2001 View Post
Yes similar situation all round as our holiday in April was with BA and we got a full refund from BA and the airport parking too.

Have heard the Thistle is very good and they are showing a price for stay and.. car but only for 15 nights so suppose would have to ring as it would be for 16 nights
Thanks for that.

Needless to say we've been waiting since 6 April for a refund from VA - but there's plenty of chat elsewhere about that.

We also need parking for 30 nights

Mick
Old 19 May 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
When I flew BA to Miami it was terminal 3 , so may depend where you are flying from? Are BA definately leaving Gatwick, because we are looking at flying to Tampa next year and that is still showing as Gatwick
We looked for April next year and put Heathrow in and it says this flight quote is from Gatwick so who knows at this point.
Old 19 May 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Their official press release about a month ago said something like "we are seriously considering moving out of LGW completely and expanding our LHR operations" or words to that effect.

I've never seen a date attached to it nor any further official announcement since.

Mick