Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m going to get the laptop on and fill it in this weekend so I can get rid of that anxiety about it! It’s a lot earlier than I’d normally do it, but it’ll be one less thing for me to worry about

If we make it there this year, I’m going to be the type of person who freaks out at the temperature checks thinking that I have a temperature that I’m unaware of
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
I’m going to get the laptop on and fill it in this weekend so I can get rid of that anxiety about it! It’s a lot earlier than I’d normally do it, but it’ll be one less thing for me to worry about

If we make it there this year, I’m going to be the type of person who freaks out at the temperature checks thinking that I have a temperature that I’m unaware of
That's called "white coat syndrome" when you go and get your BP checked - it goes up because you stress it may have gone up.

Glad to see you're not joining the "lets do ESTAs on the way to the airport so we can squeeze another holiday out of it in 103 weeks time since we've just spent £11.60"

Mick
Old 30 May 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry I can't help at all on your dual passport issues but yes there have been some anecdotal experiences on here that people have had their ESTAs cancelled due to them doing API. API may be considered to be an "attempt" to fly. But as I say purely ANECDOTAL - I don't have a mate who works for the DHS.

The advice I've given on here for 11 years (ignore if you like ). We always do it on the desk top with a large monitor. Joan and I sit side by side. We both double check the questions and answers. Every time you put your cursor in a box to answer a large dialogue box open to explain what they want.

Mick
Hi Mick

It’s not anecdotal as there’s a FAQ on this on the ESTA website now. Basically says you can apply for another ESTA if your ESTA was cancelled.
Old 30 May 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We did ours and we had to remember when it came to the questions for us all the answers were No and for contact in the USA and dates of travel and where staying we had to put Unknown for each one. Fill in everything and then pay and wait. It was a quick process for us took less than an hour.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hi Mick

It’s not anecdotal as there’s a FAQ on this on the ESTA website now. Basically says you can apply for another ESTA if your ESTA was cancelled.
YT

I can see the warning about being cancelled if you attempt to travel (it's in the big red warning on the home page) but specifically I was referring to whether doing an API was considered to be an attempt to travel? Must admit I didn't open all the FAQs though.

Mick

Edited at 03:53 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
We did ours and we had to remember when it came to the questions for us all the answers were No and for contact in the USA and dates of travel and where staying we had to put Unknown for each one. Fill in everything and then pay and wait. It was a quick process for us took less than an hour.
It was quite tenacious for us when we entered unknown on one of the questions and wouldn't let us move on until I'd entered a few zeroes in the phone number box.

But even after doing maybe 6 or 7 since Jan 2009 I still take my time even though there's no trick questions.

Mick

Edited at 03:52 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We had to do that too! Weird I know. We left everything else as unknown I’m so glad we did. At least the Esta lasts Two years and our passports were unchanged since our last vacation in 2017. I think that helped plus we were able to provide employment details that also haven’t changed for quite some time now.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
We had to do that too! Weird I know. We left everything else as unknown I’m so glad we did. At least the Esta lasts Two years and our passports were unchanged since our last vacation in 2017. I think that helped plus we were able to provide employment details that also haven’t changed for quite some time now.
Joan retired in 2006 and me in 2015 so the previous employer hasn't changed for ages.

Obviously something they don't (can't) check anyway just like parent's names.

Mick
Old 30 May 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Joan retired in 2006 and me in 2015 so the previous employer hasn't changed for ages.

Obviously something they don't (can't) check anyway just like parent's names.

Mick
That stuff is to pass on to law-enforcement just in case they want to check it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
That stuff is to pass on to law-enforcement just in case they want to check it.
I liken asking for parent's names as being similar to security questions to log into your bank as we do in the UK. Such as mother's maiden name, name of first pet etc.

Joan's dad died in 1966 and there is no data base that the UK share with the DHS that gives them access to check whether Joan's dad was called David Smith or Bill Brown. According to the ESTA web site they are just gathering further data on travellers to increase homeland security.

Mick