Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I also agree they are trying to do their best whilst being safe.

The 35% room discount would be fabulous for a solo traveller, not too bad for a couple but would become less of a offset for a family of five that planned to share a room with free dining.
I’ve just woke up to this news and just trying to get my head around it

So is this just for US customers right now?

We booked with free dining - is the proposal to cancel this but offer us 35% discount to rebook for another time because as DIY bookers if we don’t get the flight we booked, we lose out and will need to buy more flights! So we will be massively out of pocket either way!
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
WDWNT are saying dining plans up to sept 20 not sept 21.

edit.

just to say how true this is I don't know. Can't see it anywhere else and was asked on their instagram account and they said 2020 not 2021.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
WDWNT are saying dining plans up to sept 20 not sept 21.
That would make a lot more sense
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Well it's looking likely we'll be cancelling entirely. I would rebook for next year, but the dining plan is a big thing for us, and not being able to rebook it is a bit of a deal breaker
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
That would make a lot more sense
Disney Food Blog say sept 21. Who knows!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve booked a hotel with free dining direct with Disney. According to the news, if I decide to reschedule for next year I get a 35% room discount. But what happens if I want to keep my booking? Will 35% of the room cost be removed from my bill or not?
I’ve already bought flights, I was so optimistic but I’m sobbing now. Final nail in the coffin.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Mobile

I wonder if they will still try and uphold the 15% cancellation fee stated in their T&C if I decide these changes are too much for us to go ahead
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I’ve booked a hotel with free dining direct with Disney. According to the news, if I decide to reschedule for next year I get a 35% room discount. But what happens if I want to keep my booking? Will 35% of the room cost be removed from my bill or not?
I’ve already bought flights, I was so optimistic but I’m sobbing now. Final nail in the coffin.
This is exactly the position I and many other people are in. I'm going to wait until I've heard from them then ring them.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I saw yesterday that the TAs have been told here no new WDW bookings for 2020 and no free dining next year until the resorts and parks are back to normal . It will be reviewed constantly , which is how we are all living at the moment so makes sense . Staff safety is their no one concern . I wouldn’t want to be working there.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

[QUOTE][/
Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
This is exactly the position I and many other people are in. I'm going to wait until I've heard from them then ring them. QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts

Can’t even phone today, as I lost my hearing last night , and waiting to get an emergency appointment at the docs where I hope I can get them syringed so I can hear lol

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List