Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stampax
Trading Disney Pins

Booking summer 2021 - v little Disney this time

Hi all.
Having done Orlando a few times with the main focus being Disney with a short visit to Universal parks (not that we've stayed on site before at a Disney hotel, but just always bought the 14 day passes and spent most of our time making use of them) we are just about to book for next summer. This time we are planning to do things quite differently - two weeks at Hard Rock Hotel, and no Disney at all. We'll take the universal parks at quite a leisurely pace and spend some days around the pool just relaxing.

We've done Disney every other year for past few years, so this way when we go back in maybe a couple of years time there will be some real differences (especially Epcot). Kids are 6 and 10 so will be able to do some rollercoaster and quite a few of the rides at universal, and both absolutely LOVE Harry Potter and the Wizarding World.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of doing similar? I'm assuming if we wanted to get a one day pass for one of the Disney parks they are going to be very poor value. We'll probably go to Disney Springs so will get a little Disney in!

Got a quote from virgin for approx £9.5k for flights and hotel stay which seems fine (2 adults 2 kids). Has to be summer holidays so always going to be a bit more expensive.
Stampax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi. We have done Universal in in a previous trip and we really enjoyed being able to read and not feel as rushed. We have also stayed at Hard Rock and loved it. However, I think Virgins price seems really high to me!
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post

We have done a 12 night stay at Portofino, no Disney. We have also done an 8 night stay at Royal Pacific Resort prior to 5 nights at Disney. We are thinking that we will do a 7-10 night stay in the next couple of years, doing just Universal with maybe one day each at Discovery Cove and Seaworld and possibly an event night at Disney.

As big Harry Potter fans, we enjoy Universal a lot, so this works for us. We actually enjoy the HP franchise more than the Disney franchise, although I do prefer WDW as there is more going on.

I think your quote seems really high though. I would try someone other than Virgin, perhaps take out the middleman and book direct. I usually find Express pass hotel rooms at $250-350 per night for non school holiday times. I have looked in summer and they are higher but around $420 per night, even if the hotel were $500 per night, that quote means you are paying over £1000 each for flights which seems excessive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Stampax
Trading Disney Pins

Hi - interesting to see the comments about flights being expensive. We've looked in the past and Virgin are usually reasonable priced, with the exception of more low cost airlines like Norwegian airlines which I don't fancy. One year that we went Thomas Cook were cheaper so we went with them, but had really bad experiences, but other years Virgin have actually been the cheapest. It's made a little complicated as we had a holiday booked with Virgin for this summer somewhere else, so it will be far easier using them again for next summer, rather than waiting to get a reunify from them (I know I'm legally entitled to etc).
Stampax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We have booked 11 nights staying at endless summer resort , 16th August next year. I’m really looking forward to having 11 nights exploring universal and a few days at volcano bay to relax! We might do two days at Disney, magic kingdom and Hollywood studios depending on a two day ticket price! If they don’t go up loads before we buy them.

We have booked with Tui.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

We are doing similar but 5 nights club level at RPR followed by 9 nights at Cabana Bay in a family suite. With the front of the line passes we find we can do everything multiple times in first 5 days and then relax for the last 9 and do trips out Gatorland Airboats and Space Centre we find Cabana bay pools are great to relax round and Volcano Bay is a five minute walk and with early entry you can just go in for a couple of hours before it gets really busy. Doing all 14 days at Hard Rock will push up the price We are paying 8k as Cabana Bay is only a moderate resort

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Derbydave4 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stampax
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
We are doing similar but 5 nights club level at RPR followed by 9 nights at Cabana Bay in a family suite. With the front of the line passes we find we can do everything multiple times in first 5 days and then relax for the last 9 and do trips out Gatorland Airboats and Space Centre we find Cabana bay pools are great to relax round and Volcano Bay is a five minute walk and with early entry you can just go in for a couple of hours before it gets really busy. Doing all 14 days at Hard Rock will push up the price We are paying 8k as Cabana Bay is only a moderate resort
That’s a really interesting idea actually, never considered doing split stay between universal properties.
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nippydan
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I am hoping to do something similar next year. I'm going to take the kids out of school for last two weeks of term in July, the saving against the fine makes it still worthwhile.

I am trying to price up separately but can't get flight prices yet for July 21.

Was hoping to go to portofino. We were supposed to be at Disney this year but am not paying their prices next year.
Nippydan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List