Old 5 Mar 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
36 hours in Amsterdam

36 hours in Amsterdam
Well this truly is a whistle stop tour for us this time, but we’re used to trips like this and always manage to cram loads in.
So we are Me …. Jules 36 will be 37 on the Sunday of this trip and Darren 37 this is us in Florida last August with the kids who won’t be coming on this trip. love them really

We are travelling up on Friday afternoon to stay overnight at the Raddison Blu we booked this with club card vouchers so it only cost us £26.40 for the night absolute bargain plus we can leave our car here for two nights for £30 . We have always wanted to stay here but can never really justify the price when you’re only in the room a few hours.
I’m at work until 1pm on Friday so Darren will be picking me up with the cases and we will be off. We’re going to make use of the gym and the pool and maybe have a drink somewhere before getting an early night before our 05:55 flight to Amsterdam. We are flying from Manchester with KLM the flight gets us there at 08:15 and we’re going to jump on the train to Amsterdam central, from there we might get the metro or walk to our hotel its about 15 min walk so weather dependant I’d rather walk. Darren doesn’t know but I’ve booked the Radisson again for Amsterdam central. I really struggled finding a decent hotel for a good price, so I just thought sod it after hours of looking I booked the Radisson again. It wasn’t that badly priced at £183 per night compared to some of the others it worked out reasonable…. Amsterdam is expensive for accommodation. I know if we had stayed further out its cheaper but with us being here such a short time we wanted to be pretty central.
We only have Anne frank and the A’dam lookout and swing booked, so we’re winging a lot of it but we have a list of things we want to see and do and will hopefully tick everything off. I did really want to go to the holocaust museum but it’s closed at the minute.
We fly back Sunday at 16:20 so this really is a whistle stop tour but we will make the most of that first day and I’m sure have a fab time.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List