Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wearing a mask when out and social distancing is required everywhere in Shanghai at the moment so no surprise Disney have to follow same rules. (I have colleagues in Shanghai and they also need to wear a mask in the office so looks a bit weird on videocalls).
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Just seen on theme park review they rehearsing the parade and castle show for Shanghai, so all may not be lost!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Apparently Universal have sent a survey to AP holders asking for opinions on possible changes, including reduced capacity, no shows and virtual lines for most rides.
I’m wondering how the parks would manage reduced capacity? I’m thinking they may initially limit it to guests staying onsite and perhaps AP holders? This is the only way I can think of managing this without there being a huge scrum before opening to try and get in?
I’m honestly not sure how this will be managed if it’s going to be a long term thing though. The whole thing makes my head hurt!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Apparently Universal have sent a survey to AP holders asking for opinions on possible changes, including reduced capacity, no shows and virtual lines for most rides.
I’m wondering how the parks would manage reduced capacity? I’m thinking they may initially limit it to guests staying onsite and perhaps AP holders? This is the only way I can think of managing this without there being a huge scrum before opening to try and get in?
I’m honestly not sure how this will be managed if it’s going to be a long term thing though. The whole thing makes my head hurt!
So many issues. limit the numbers you limit to who? If onsite only then the rest of your ticket you’ve paid for could be useless if you have an offsite portion of your stay. Virtual queues - how? It’s not like the people disappear when you put them in a virtual queue they are just somewhere else. Refunds for people who turn up and may consistently not get in due to limited numbers. Who would go with that as a possibility?
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
So many issues. limit the numbers you limit to who? If onsite only then the rest of your ticket you’ve paid for could be useless if you have an offsite portion of your stay. Virtual queues - how? It’s not like the people disappear when you put them in a virtual queue they are just somewhere else. Refunds for people who turn up and may consistently not get in due to limited numbers. Who would go with that as a possibility?
This is exactly why my head hurts when I think about it all 😂 I honestly don’t know how the parks are going to implement any of this if social distancing is going to be in place for any considerable length of time to be honest.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Images in the article below of the social distancing measures applied to the queues at Shanghai which they expect to open soon.

wdwnt/2020/04/photos-sha...ent-reopening/
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Images in the article below of the social distancing measures applied to the queues at Shanghai which they expect to open soon.

wdwnt/2020/04/photos-sha...ent-reopening/
I just can’t get my head around how this will work with the huge crowd levels? It will be really interesting to see how this is going to be successfully implemented when the parks open I think.
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

First thunderstorm and everyone runs for cover crowding in the shop door ways etc

Its all a big joke and all mostly for show.

You can't socially distance in a theme park...

Crowded walkways, thousands passing each other all the time, you can't possibly keep 2 meters.

If they do temp checks at the entrance - well what about the queue line to get in, what about the transport to get you too the park.

Its all about the illusion of safety... Might as well not bother to be frank or keep the parks closed.

I can't imagine how I am going to keep our kids to keep masks on in that humidity. It would be hard enough doing it in England. To be frank I wouldn't even bother trying. I just simply wouldn't bother going - your going to have arguments between people etc...

Edited at 10:00 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just seen a theme park review post with shanghai testing their firework show.

Looks like they are trying to bring back the full Disney experience
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List