Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 May 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Here I am, wish I was there now

Hank
Hank, when we're on Bokeelia we can wave across Charlotte Harbor from Bokeelia Pier to you on Boca Beach We occasionally ask Cape Bruce to run over to Boca so we can cruise around the canals and watch the iguana sun bathing on the sea walls.
Old 31 May 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Rotonda West is half way between Sarasota & Fort Myers. You will need a car as it is about 10 - 15 mins drive to beautiful beaches.

There are 2 Dibb villas on here - Hank's & mine.

Have a look and see what Rotonda has to offer.

Happy to answer any questions and give more information on the area if you are interested.
Can thoroughly recommend Dragonflies villa, it’s stunning
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you, I didn’t realise that there were some Gulf Coast villas on the dibb! I’ll take a look, you don’t happen to know the link to Hanks do you? I can only find yours!
Sorry didn't see this post 😊 But I see Hank has answered you with his link.

If you were looking for villas in specific areas you can also use the "villas" tab at the top of the page and hit "villa search". You can search the Community Area e.g. Gulf Coast villas and your selection will open up.

😎

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We stayed in Treasure Island which was lovely but St Pete Beach and especially Pass A Grill a little further up were absolutely stunning.
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nemesis
Gone all Goofy

Big thumbs up for Anna Maria here. Some of the beaches there are stunning and you can escape the crowds if you find the right spot too. Lovely restaurants and a few quaint shops. Plus its not too far away from the bright lights of Orlando.
Sanibel and Captiva sound amazing too.
Nemesis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Big thumbs up for Anna Maria here. Some of the beaches there are stunning and you can escape the crowds if you find the right spot too. Lovely restaurants and a few quaint shops. Plus its not too far away from the bright lights of Orlando.
Sanibel and Captiva sound amazing too.

Re-posting this link as it's currently available on Amazon for £0.00 - 'Lonely Planet Discover the Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel'.

amazon/Lonely-Plan...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our favourite place is southseas on Captiva island
Done AMI a couple of times but always end up in Captiva now
JimmyCricket is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
Our favourite place is southseas on Captiva island
Done AMI a couple of times but always end up in Captiva now
South Seas at the top end of Captiva has magnificent views from the beach over Redfish Pass where dolphin can always been seen playing around. A friend worked on South Seas, he'd take us walk-around. He'd point to odd homes and say which celebrity owned it, he thought it odd we weren't phased. Passed one place built to resemble an Asian home, I casually quipped, 'that'll be Steven Seagal's then', our friend was stunned and asked how we knew... 'it was a joke, I didn't know'!
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Sorry didn't see this post 😊 But I see Hank has answered you with his link.

If you were looking for villas in specific areas you can also use the "villas" tab at the top of the page and hit "villa search". You can search the Community Area e.g. Gulf Coast villas and your selection will open up.

😎
We've stayed in Dragonflies 3 times and also stayed in Hank's villa - both wonderful. The beaches are beautiful and there are 3, yes 3 Publix supermarkets... oh how I love Publix 💚

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by littletink View Post
We've stayed in Dragonflies 3 times and also stayed in Hank's villa - both wonderful. The beaches are beautiful and there are 3, yes 3 Publix supermarkets... oh how I love Publix 💚
5 times in Dragonflies for us, just amazing. Boca Grande beach is simply unbelievable.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List