Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

I'm generally a sharer, with almost everything except Indian and Chinese, then I turn into Smithy...(for pretty much the same reason as Smithy, I have a carefully thought out order and if I wanted a korma, I'd have ordered it...). When eating out with family and most close friends, we'll always try each other's meal, and more often than not, someone/everyone ends up finishing off my meal as I'm not a big eater (particularly when confronted with US portions)

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

No, not something I’d do with anyone other than my husband tbh. Doesn’t really happen often though, but it’s not because we’re not ‘sharers’
With friends and extended family, a straight no. I actually feel sick thinking about it, especially if it’s something they’ve been eating from (spoon/fork into the meal etc).
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
When I was growing up I didn’t even realise that sharing was a thing until I met my dh and his family. They are huge sharers. So now I am a sharer as well.
When it comes to takeaway we always share. Either between my dh and I or a whole load of dishes as a family.
When on a meal out my dh and don’t split meals as such, but would defo have a taste of each other’s meals. Actually we tend to put a bit of it on each other’s plates. To the point where we aren’t allowed to order the same food lol. That’s not my rule it’s dh rule. He says that way we get to try more of the dishes which I actually quite like. On the very very odd occasion we are allowed to order the same food but I think I can count on one hand in almost 30 years that has happened.
It’s quite sweet really I think. Also he always asks me first what I want and won’t order before me so I get what I want and I also now know that if I mention maybe 2 things he ends up ordering my second choice so I can try it as well so I’ve stopped doing this so he can get what he wants.
After reading this thread I might be a bit more self conscious that we are turning people’s stomachs when we do this...
Snap; me & DH often order different starters, mains or desserts that we both like so we can split each dish.

Growing up, my family always shared or tasted each other’s dishes; my DH’s family the same so it’s completely normal to me.

Wouldn’t occur to me to not do this or stop doing it in case others don’t like it; I find it odd that people say absolutely not; hey, horses for courses & all that.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Sharing a drink in these times 🦠 seriously?
yep sharing a drink, putting some of my cocktail in someones glass... jeez...….... there goes a light hearted thread...
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I got told off form the OP for saying that lol But `I want to remain alive so hey “no way Jose”
sorry do you mean me ? Where did I tell you off... : confused2
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 12:27 AM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
We share, but mostly theres one who takes more than his fair share

WONDERFUL... WONDERFUL... WONDERFUL !

I would share anything with that baby. xxxxx
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Isn't it funny though, this week when we went out with one of the couples, I asked the non sharer to taste my Cocktail and he did, but his wife sat there and kept it to herself...
You are sharing a cocktail with a friend in the current environment? I find that bizarre.

We don’t tend to share unless we have ordered food that is designed for sharing e.g. tapas or in a casual restaurant we might order a number of small plates for sharing.

If I am with my husband I might taste his food (and vice versa) if he has something unusual that I am interested in sampling, last time that happened he had ordered sweetbreads which I have never had before. But we generally would not share our main dishes, passing food across the table seems messy. I would not dream of sharing or even tasting food from anyone else’s plate but my husbands, that is icky to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post

That's never ever going to happen. Ever ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
sorry do you mean me ? Where did I tell you off...
Post 18
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Depends who I’m eating with.

I get a takeaway every Friday or Saturday with my parents, my Mum will often say “should I get x and you get y and we will share” sometimes it’s a yes and sometimes it’s a no, but we dish half up on our plates, not share a fork.

If we eat out as a family, and someone has something delicious, we will offer each other a taste of we think they will like it, and use our own clean cutlery (unless it’s a chip as everyone just grabs that don’t they?)

Certain friends I will go halves with, others it’s never suggested so we don’t share.

I don’t like sharing desserts as they’re my favourite.

Now my little nephews are 2 and 5. We could have the same meal, and they would still steal mine off my plate before eating their own. I let them though, as I’m hoping they look after me in old age 😂😂