Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 14 Oct 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
If your teenagers are adventurous and into water sports, there are loads of things for them to do:

The new Aqua Park at Tapnell Farm, we haven't been yet because it only opened this year, but we are looking forward to trying it.
Isle of Wight Adventure Activities, Freshwater, they do things like kayaking and coastering.
Tackt-Isle Adventures in St Helens - all water sports.

There is also Wight Karting - my son loves go-karting.
Escape rooms in Newport - we all enjoy escape rooms and have really missed doing them this year.
Take the chair lift down to beach at the needles, and go on the boat trip. There are 2 boat trips, a slow gentle trip and a speed boat type fast one.
At Blackgang Chine there is the Islands only rollercoaster (a smallish one) and a great water slide, but most of it is better suited to the under 11's.
The dinosaur and fossil walks are very good, especially if you find some dinosaur bones.
You can do axe throwing, archery and mountain boarding (like snowboarding on grass), somewhere in Freshwater.
There are a few very good crazy golf places in Shanklin and Sandown.

Can you tell we love it there.
What fabulous ideas, thank you! I have started a new page in my book, I’m a bit daunted planning a holiday in just 11 days
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tattybobo
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm on holiday at the Isle of Wight at the moment we booked as our Thailand holiday was cancelled. I travelled here every year as a child and its been amazing reliving lots of the places I have find memories of visiting as a child.
We are staying at Shanklin, we walked to Sandown yesterday and ate at the Steamer Inn restaurant in the evening which was lovely, I'd advise to book as anybody walking in had to sit outdoors and it was very wet.
Today we climbed to the top of Tennysons down, the views are stunning and visited the needles.
Heading to Godshill tomorrow for one of the lovely cakes.
I'd forgotten how much I love this island! Hope your holiday will be as fantastic as mine is so far

Edited at 10:14 PM.
Tattybobo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow I had no idea there would be so much to do on such a small island, I should have booked 2 weeks not one 😂
Old 17 Oct 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a great place. I’ve never been. I’m not really into cottage holidays so could anyone recommend any nice hotels please?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

For those of you that love ice cream... Crave in Ventnor is the place to go .. always our treat 😉
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gillyflower
I want to go now!

Check out The Price is Wight website for special deals on eating out and things to do.

Try the Garlic Farm for breakfast, the Old World tea rooms in Godshill for a cream tea - they do a special chocolate one, and our favourite place to eat out is The White Horse at Whitwell.
gillyflower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We got back at the weekend, stayed in Shanklin.

We had a lovely meal at The Hideaway in Shanklin, in case anyone wants a recommendation.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
Living here I don’t take much notice of places to stay but I have heard many good reports about this place Nettlecombe farm... self catering holiday cottages . If you can’t find it I will ask one of my kids to post a link for you when they get in ... pm me if I can help at all. ps if you book with a buissness I believe they can get you a discount on your ferry booking 😉
The discount if you can get it is really worth it we went with parkdean.
They got us 2 cars on whitelink £19 each
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List