Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 27 Oct 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Having tried gousto (and were very happy with the meals but ran out of discount) we are trying our first hello fresh tonight- sweet and sour. Looking forward to it!
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
Trying hello fresh for the first time delivery should be today, can’t say I’m impressed so far followed a link to get a discount for the first month it only worked on the first week and not on any further weeks (and they won’t honour the discount) already had two emails this morning one saying they have had to make a substitute in one of the recipes and the other saying they couldn’t pack one of the ingredients in another, going back to gousto next week😳
UPDATE! Waited in all day and have just had an email to say they can not deliver my box at all this week and have credited my account to use against my next full priced box ! 😡 have had to phone them to get them to refund my card.
That's not good!
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

We've had the gusto 10 minute chicken tikka naan. This was chosen by DH. I marinated the chicken for a while as wasn't in a rush. Was tasty.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I made the Gousto chicken jalfrezi with jeera rice tonight with my own ingredients. It was just as nice. I do like Gousto’s recipe cards.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I made the Gousto chicken jalfrezi with jeera rice tonight with my own ingredients. It was just as nice. I do like Gousto’s recipe cards.
Ha ha that’s my thought, I’ll do it while they have all the discounts and I can get loads of recipe cards!

We are four dishes down, next box arrives today. On the whole the dishes have been nice but we have’t been amazed.

Definitely need to tweak the recipes a bit for our preferences. For example the sweet and sticky pork used pork mince. I found this a bit too greasy and a bit odd with mince. Would prefer a pork loin or beef strips.

The miso chicken was nice, but again I found it a bit greasy. So I would use less butter and make more of a sauce from stock or the noodle water.

I really like the ease of it though.

Edited at 08:10 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Ha ha that’s my thought, I’ll do it while they have all the discounts and I can get loads of recipe cards!

We are four dishes down, next box arrives today. On the whole the dishes have been nice but we have’t been amazed.

Definitely need to tweak the recipes a bit for our preferences. For example the sweet and sticky pork used pork mince. I found this a bit too greasy and a bit odd with mince. Would prefer a pork loin or beef strips.

The miso chicken was nice, but again I found it a bit greasy. So I would use less butter and make more of a sauce from stock or the noodle water.

I wonder if they tasted nicer simply because they were different to my usual recipes and because I used salt each time they say to ... and I rarely add salt to anything usually.

Weve run out of gousto discounts. So are trying hello fresh this week. Last night was sweet and sour chicken ... pretty meh for me. Except the win was DH liked the Bulgar wheat. Big Win!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post

I've never used the amount of oil the recipes say but normally don't do that with other recipes. Also, if I've used mince I will dry fry it, drain off any fat then add onions etc to cook.
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
We've had the gusto 10 minute chicken tikka naan. This was chosen by DH. I marinated the chicken for a while as wasn't in a rush. Was tasty.
We have got this for dinner tonight, looking forward to it, had the sticky chilli chicken with salt and pepper chips last night which was lovely

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive

Edited at 04:04 PM.
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I've never used the amount of oil the recipes say but normally don't do that with other recipes. Also, if I've used mince I will dry fry it, drain off any fat then add onions etc to cook.
Yes I think that’s what I should of done. I just usually buy lean beef mince so never thought. I didn’t add any of the oil they stated.

Will read everything properly this week, thank you
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Sticky chilli chicken with salt and pepper chips last night.
This was absolutely lovely, dh commented that it was the best dish so far. Kids loved it too, minus the chilli sauce.

Our box was missing the onions for two recipes. I went on the app and entered these as missing and was given a £2.40 credit. Thought that was pretty good really. I know there is the inconvenience of having to get onions, but I always have onions in the fridge so no bother.