Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Aug 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Glad you had a positive result from Nationwide. We are trying to get villa deposit from them but they are not helping at all. I paid for villa for myself and three children (over 18) they say they will inly pay 2/5 as dw and myself have policy with them. Other three have to claim off their Insurance. They were never paying towards villa so their insurance won’t pay out.
Anyone else had this issue?
Old 24 Sep 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Just as a follow up to this, is anyone any further along? We sent our tickets back and they let us know they had received them and would process our refund and we have heard nothing since. We have emailed but just get an auto response saying the company has been mothballed and aren’t taking new enquires. Have any of you got a different email address we can try? Feeling really in limbo now!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I sent ours back and not even heard that they received them. I've asked twice for confirmation of receipt but nothing. I'm 6 weeks in now.
Old 26 Sep 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

We bought our Orlando Flexipass tickets from Florida Escapes. We were due to travel in July. We were advised our park tickets would be valid until Dec 2021.

I have just gone into my Florida Escapes account and our tickets are no longer there (it says our download period has expired!) I haven’t printed the tickets as they said we could use them on our phones!

I’ve emailed Florida Escpaes and received the following email (could this be a reason for claiming under Section 75 as if we were travelling before they reopen we wouldn’t be able to use our tickets as we can’t access them!):

Thanks for you email. We have taken the decision to mothball all operations until early 2021. The critical state of the global travel industry caused by the pandemic has caused unrepairable damage to so many companies. We have sought to continue to trade with the normal team but this is not proving possible so day to day operations have been mothballed until the borders reopen.

For clients whom have pending refunds or amendments, these will be processed as per agreed terms. You will receive an email once the refund has been processed.

It is important to note, we have NOT ceased trading. Our business is simply not operating at present as there is no market whatsoever and therefore we cannot sustain a team.

Clients should note, tickets have a CASH value and can be used as credit towards travel at any point in the future. No tickets have been cancelled and are valid for entry in 2021 or upgradable to any future date as credit.

Edited at 07:54 AM.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Originally Posted by LMAM View Post
We bought our Orlando Flexipass tickets from Florida Escapes. We were due to travel in July. We were advised our park tickets would be valid until Dec 2021.

I have just gone into my Florida Escapes account and our tickets are no longer there (it says our download period has expired!) I haven’t printed the tickets as they said we could use them on our phones!

I’ve emailed Florida Escpaes and received the following email (could this be a reason for claiming under Section 75 as if we were travelling before they reopen we wouldn’t be able to use our tickets as we can’t access them!):

Thanks for you email. We have taken the decision to mothball all operations until early 2021. The critical state of the global travel industry caused by the pandemic has caused unrepairable damage to so many companies. We have sought to continue to trade with the normal team but this is not proving possible so day to day operations have been mothballed until the borders reopen.

For clients whom have pending refunds or amendments, these will be processed as per agreed terms. You will receive an email once the refund has been processed.

It is important to note, we have NOT ceased trading. Our business is simply not operating at present as there is no market whatsoever and therefore we cannot sustain a team.

Clients should note, tickets have a CASH value and can be used as credit towards travel at any point in the future. No tickets have been cancelled and are valid for entry in 2021 or upgradable to any future date as credit.
Thanks for posting that, hopefully I'll get a refund somewhen.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
making49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Student
Trying for More Ears

Anyone further on with Florida Escapes ? - we are about 14 or so weeks on now from sending them back and radio silence. Anyone managed to get a contact that now responds - main one just gives the auto reply about no one monitoring email and they have mothballed the business.
Student is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Anyone further on with Florida Escapes ? - we are about 14 or so weeks on now from sending them back and radio silence. Anyone managed to get a contact that now responds - main one just gives the auto reply about no one monitoring email and they have mothballed the business.
We are now at 11 weeks and nothing. Your post doesn't fill me with hope.
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Student
Trying for More Ears

Agreed - from a customer service point of view it’s concerning. I’m sure they must have had the money back by now.
Student is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

As Florida Escapes hadn’t responded (apart from their standard email response) and I didn’t have my tickets, I claimed through my credit card and was refunded that way. Had to provide a lot of information but was worth the time taken. Refund just appeared on my credit card statement! I would’ve tried through travel insurance if that didn’t work.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
missbubbles
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by racheal244 View Post
Yes as per my update they are going to refund me minus 10%. They confirmed by email eventually. I did have to send the tickets back and have to wait a minimum of 2 months for a refund from when they received my tickets back. They did email me to confirm receipt of the tickets and said they would be sending back to universal for a credit.
Rachel you don't have the email you used for Universal. Im getting nowhere. Florida escapes said they wouldn't refund as tickets are extended until 2021. My insurance won't cover it and I stupidly didn't use a credit card.
missbubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List