Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Oh gosh, I couldn't think of anything worse than going to a salon! And I certainly don't have time for it.

My mobile hairdresser has been colouring/ highlighting my roots every 5 weeks for over 20 years. I consider her a very good friend now. She comes in the evening.

There's absolutely no mess, she brings in 2 baskets, and several towels. While my colour is on, she chops my husband's hair, and very often trims my teenage boys too (although they do love the Turkish Barbers as well).

I honestly couldn't think of a better way!
Exactly what goes down in my house, hate the Salon.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Salon for me every time. The thought of a mobile hairdresser brings back memories of my mum getting her hair permed when I was a kid, with our cuts fitted in around that, and washing my hair over the bath. Not to mention that the only area we have that would be big enough is carpeted, and the thought of cleaning up after that is just, no!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

Love the salon experience, especially when they have a nice coffee machine!

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never used a mobile hairdresser and wouldn’t want to either because of the mess at home and washing my hair over the bath.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If my own hairdresser went mobile then I would gladly have my hair done at home. I would not use someone I didn’t know though because anyone can rock up and call themselves a hairdresser with no regulations or qualifications
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I love going to the salon. Reading the trashy magazines that I don’t normally buy, the massage chair when having your hair washed etc. I love the atmosphere too, they play a great mix of music and the place just seems buzzing.

If I just had trims I would consider it but I have a colour with foils so too messy at home. DH’s niece just to do mine at home (she is a hairdresser) and did a good job but was a faff having to lean over the sink and sit in the kitchen on a hard chair to try and contain the mess.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Salon every time. I have colour and foils every 5 weeks and it’s the only time I get a bit of peace and quiet. I love sitting there with a coffee and having a chat. It’s a lovely atmosphere in the salon I go to and I have been going there for years so I know all the girls really well.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I used to get mine done by a mobile hairdresser, who was also a friend. She always did mine & DD's hair lovely, but when she put her prices up, it worked out the same as going to a salon. So I decided to make the switch. Having it done at home meant using my electric, water, towels, washing my own hair, using my own shampoo & conditioner and having to tidy up after, when I could walk across the road, go to the salon, have all that done for me and it cost me the same money - oh and they make me a cuppa aswell lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

My hair takes 3 hours, I don't have time to go to a salon for that, much easier for me to do at home (particularly with kids and if I am working from home)

Also don't find a salon luxurious, I find it quite awkward being sat in a room full of mirrors, with silly looking foils and hairdressers shouting at me over hair dryers! My current hairdresser is retraining, I will probably stop going blonde when she stops as I just couldn't bear the thought of having to go to a salon for 3 hours!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never used a mobile hairdresser and wouldn’t want to either because of the mess at home and washing my hair over the bath.
I've never done that, in my experience they just ask you to go up shower it out yourself. I appreciate that might make you nervous if you don't know them (to leave them unattended) but mine have always been friends.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List