Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SarahHogg View Post
I think booking it myself will be the best option. I’ve price the same holiday on a TA site and booking all the parts separately and we can save over £1500 . I understand that the 2021 prices will be diff to 2022 when we are looking but just wanted an idea of how much to save.

I was so sad when our holiday was cancelled it’s amazing to start planning again
I book directly because I prefer to be in control and not have a middle man, I had never thought there were such large savings to be had.

I have just priced up two weeks in Disney resort with tickets and BA flights for September 2021. Priced it with a TA and booking the parts separately, same hotel, flights and dates. The saving was £11 per person by doing it direct!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Do sorry to hear you trip got cancelled too. Are you looking to go back in 2021/2022 ?

That’s really interesting, so far the comparisons I’ve done for the dates we want to go in 2022 are coming up cheaper to book ourselves rather than with a ta but I do think there is more security doing it that way . I just want to make sure we are getting the best value for our budget
It really differs, I don't think there is a general rule as to which is cheaper, depends on the time of year, suppliers, deals etc etc, our TA doesn't have a website (to get a quote on I mean), lots of TAs will only do quotes directly so if you are trying to make a saving I do recommend contacting some direct for quotes (he was the only one that was cheaper, others I contacted weren't and were significantly more than direct)

I agree with Claudette generally speaking I prefer to be in control and hate middle men, although it worked out well for us this year as we only needed to chase one person rather than 3 suppliers, but there are other potential risks with that too.

I'd happily book separately, usually do for other US trips, but booking this way saved us about £400 in total which was a big chunk of spending money for us, so I will always shop around and book whichever gives us the same/best holiday cheaper.

We are hoping to go 2022, but waiting until we get the lie of the land next year before booking, I'm really hoping free dining will return but I think that's wishful thinking really!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can I ask about your Discovery Cove tickets? I can only see Black Friday deals that are up to end of 2021.
Did it with orlando attractions, we got dolphin swim, sea world and aquatica for £131 each they go up to oct 2022
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We used Orlando Attractions last time - booked Disney hotel, tickets and dining plan with them and booked flights separately at 11 months out.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Jools
Getting Excited

Do sorry to hear you trip got cancelled too. Are you looking to go back in 2021/2022 ?

That’s really interesting, so far the comparisons I’ve done for the dates we want to go in 2022 are coming up cheaper to book ourselves rather than with a ta but I do think there is more security doing it that way . I just want to make sure we are getting the best value for our budget
Hey there 2022 for us too but w e have always used a Ta. Interested to know how you are pricing up flights too?