Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
Used to love getting the latest fashion dolls such as these two
Omg I got these for a couple of Xmas from Santa. Loved Action girl and her pink catsuit. My sister’s dog chewed the leg of my Daisy Doll I was so upset. We always hung up a sock and received a satsuma/orange apple and chocolate coins in it. I remember as a little girl getting tiny tears, a baby doll dressed in jeans and T-shirt very different in the late 60’s for a doll and big pram which I loved but the doll’s head was made of a hard thin plastic and when I bounced my pram up some concrete steps her head broke in two (face and back of head fixed together) I was bereft but dad glued her together again with a green glue and a bigger girl sat on my pram and it broke. Talk about bad luck with my toys.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Apple and orange in the bottom, followed by a bag of chocolate money, a selection box, pajamas, socks and pants, books and colouring pens and little nick nacks.

There were 4 of us so we got stuff that would be "useful" in January too!

We all got 1 main present - a timex watch or something smallish from Santa - and nothing from the parents as Santa did all the giving.

We would also get a game and an LP to share!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We (me, DSis, DB) had the compendium of games regularly too, and always a couple of annuals each - mine were Bunty, Judy etc, and Enid Blyton books. There were always lots of selection boxes from aunties. I loved Spirograph, and I remember getting a Cinderella watch one year - it was fastened round the base of a china figurine, and the year I started senior school I got a bike. We always got a 'bag' with our present off every relative and it was literally a brown paper bag with an apple, orange, nuts and a couple of bars of chocolate in it. I don't think my mum ever had to buy fruit at Xmas
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 10:41 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The chocolate Dairy Milk machine where you put the coin in and the chocolate came out.
Sindy and Tressy dolls and cars, houses and dresses for them
I always had a large doll each year, sometimes they talked or walked. One was called something like Timey Tell and told the time, and another played board games by shaking a dice 😂
Also had a board game each year such as Ludo, snakes and ladders or Frustration.
Enid Blyton books were a favourite, Faraway Tree at first then onto Famous Five then Malory Towers

Then as I got older I had a cassette player and David Cassidy tapes, Smash Hits and Just17 annuals and Top of the Pops albums

Edited at 09:36 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
I remember getting this one year, I was over the moon.
It had a dint in the bathroom floor which my dad told me Rudolph had done.
Looking back I think it was pre-loved 🤔

images.app.goo.gl/Rqz91yGSoy4EmkHL8
I had the same one, poor old Sindy risked her life using the lift though as it more often than not detached itself from the side of the house!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I remember getting Sindy, her horse, car and trailer. I was over the moon, it was “Pre loved” but I didn’t care. I remember one year I got the silver cross dolls pram, with the big wheels in British racing green. My mum and dad had very little money and I now know that our weekly visits to the toy shop in the months prior to Christmas were actually my mum paying in instalments for that pram. Looking back all these years later, I wish I hadn’t asked for it, it must have been so hard for them to pay for it.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved my tiny tears , I can still remember the shoe box I decorated for her cot
I still have my original 1979 monopoly board that has been loved and played by my own three children
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lotso2015
Excited about Disney

The ones that stand out that I was really excited about were The Big Yellow Teapot, a soft toy snowman, a care bear, a sweet shop selection box and the original game boy (not all in the same year haha)
Lotso2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our best ever Christmas was when my brother he was 11 sister 13 me 7 was discharged home after 11 months in hospital ( all be it as mum and dad were told his last they didn’t tell us ) he’s still with us 53 years later the radio and chemo did have some long lasting effects but he’s healthy a grandpa to one and a new baby due at Christmas
He got a new putter that year what he wanted he plays off scratch still me and my sister couldn’t tell you what we got
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My old stocking - full of monkey nuts and satsumas.

We all used to get a selection box with a 50p coin taped to it from my gran - would've been a lot of money for her back then.

But my all time favourite Christmas present was a chemistry set and I just loved all the experiments like making hydrogen and exploding it -and it put me on my career path.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List