Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Upper Class newbies - what do we need to know

As the title suggests, after many, many economy flights, we have booked our first ever Virgin upper class flights for next August. We are very, very excited to say the least. Anyone got any tips for making the most of our experience?

We are going MAN-MCO on the VS73, in a Airbus 330-300 and returning 3 weeks later on VS76 which looks like being the 330-200 so a different seat layout.

EDITED TO SAY: Now changed flight going out so we are on the a330-200 for both flights - have booked the 'love seats' - row 1

Upper class both ways (thank you VA for your Black Friday reward flight sale!).

Over to you Dibbers - Thanks!

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019

Edited at 09:36 AM.
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

What sort of tips do you want? I've flown UC. It's a seat on a plane that you can lie out flat and have more space than the other classes. That's it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What sort of tips do you want? I've flown UC. It's a seat on a plane that you can lie out flat and have more space than the other classes. That's it.
Oh, that's a bit sad. The OP is excited and should be.

OP, enjoy the experience. Start with the lounge, enjoy the extra space and not feeling exhausted when you arrive.

I'm sure the Virgin experts will be along soon to tell you the best drinks, seats, booze , food and the way to enjoy your experience.

You will enjoy and never want to turn right again
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Enjoy every second of it! The breakfast, champagne and cocktails in the lounge. More champagne and and the chief steward looking after you. Excellent food and service, more champagne and cocktails. A little snooze and more champagne!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Revel in the experience. I agree with the above 2 posters, make the most of it.

I hate being fussed over but I do enjoy the lounge for breakfast and the Delta lounge at MCO for nibbles. The extra room, the better seat, the drinks, the excellent food, the drinks, the quiet cabin, the drinks, the extra luggage you can take, the drinks, being first on and normally first off, the drinks etc etc

Oh, did I mention the drinks?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Revel in the experience. I agree with the above 2 posters, make the most of it.

I hate being fussed over but I do enjoy the lounge for breakfast and the Delta lounge at MCO for nibbles. The extra room, the better seat, the drinks, the excellent food, the drinks, the quiet cabin, the drinks, the extra luggage you can take, the drinks, being first on and normally first off, the drinks etc etc

Oh, did I mention the drinks?
Oh yes Tom the drinks!

I am a non drinker but I also enjoy the club/upper experience!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You must've forgotten about the joy of spending 9 hours in an economy seat, with the person in front reclined onto your knee and trying to eat you meal etc?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Perhaps get an airport hotel at MCO so you can enjoy the lounge and flight a bit more if driving.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
You must've forgotten about the joy of spending 9 hours in an economy seat, with the person in front reclined onto your knee and trying to eat you meal etc?
and the kid behind playing a game on the IFE constantly tapping the screen.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. The downside is people sleep better in UC

Better sleep = more snoring.

Some flights I have been in hysterics listening to the noise on the flight home.

Oh, that would be me!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List