Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile New toilet seat - how much?

Nothing is ever simple in this house! I need a new toilet seat for the main bathroom. As I hate decorating, upheaval etc we chose a classic retro style, white fixtures, wooden bath panel and matching vanity unit gold Victorian style taps, Victorian tiling -you get the picture! What I didn't notice was the wooden toilet seat was octaganol. Well I did notice but just thought how attractive it looked. It now needs replacing. I can only find one company that sells them and they want just under £200 for it! This seems excessive to me although it looks like I have no choice but to go for it! Unless any of you lovely people have any suggestions or indeed want to make me feel better by saying it's not a lot of money for a toilet seat!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Nothing is ever simple in this house! I need a new toilet seat for the main bathroom. As I hate decorating, upheaval etc we chose a classic retro style, white fixtures, wooden bath panel and matching vanity unit gold Victorian style taps, Victorian tiling -you get the picture! What I didn't notice was the wooden toilet seat was octaganol. Well I did notice but just thought how attractive it looked. It now needs replacing. I can only find one company that sells them and they want just under £200 for it! This seems excessive to me although it looks like I have no choice but to go for it! Unless any of you lovely people have any suggestions or indeed want to make me feel better by saying it's not a lot of money for a toilet seat!

Have you tried looking on Amazon ? My later downstairs cloakroom “original” and his loo was huge old type (it had been an outside toilet way back before the house was extended) and he only place we could get a decent seat to fit was from amazon
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well the Queen must feel comfortable on her throne so just order it!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I think you should go for it, but why not let your hubby and your kids all chip in for it as your Christmas present?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Have you tried looking on Amazon ? My later downstairs cloakroom “original” and his loo was huge old type (it had been an outside toilet way back before the house was extended) and he only place we could get a decent seat to fit was from amazon
I did Google and this was the only one that came up. I need to check measurements as it's an irregular octagon as well.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I think you should go for it, but why not let your hubby and your kids all chip in for it as your Christmas present?
You must be joking! Dave's rather odd solution is to replace entire bathroom!
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We got both our pine one for utility & our classic dark one for our bathroom from Amazon. Great value & both excellent products.
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
We got both our pine one for utility & our classic dark one for our bathroom from Amazon. Great value & both excellent products.
Hope you did not get a bum deal 😂

Disney332

Edited at 10:52 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I did Google and this was the only one that came up. I need to check measurements as it's an irregular octagon as well.
Google doesn’t very often pick up stuff from amazon - I would suggest searching there directed
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If the seat isn't snapped into loads of pieces I would repair it.

Take it off, sand it down nicely, repair anything that's broken, then stain and re varnish. Job done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List