Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiger Lily
Earning More Ears

I managed to get through this morning after just over an hour on hold. They let me put on reserve 5 premium economy seats until Saturday. So now converting my Tesco points for the last few points I need. I converted a few yesterday and already in my Virgin account. So pleased that we can now start planning again
Old 25 Nov 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I have spied some very tempting UC prices. If I book and have to rebook the flights, can you downgrade cabin class? UC prices could be really expensive at point of rebooking but might be able to rebook premium instead for roughly the same cost. My flights this year were converted to open ticket (which I then got a refund for) but I think I could have used the total ticket amount towards any flights/cabin class and paid more or less accordingly. Not sure if it will work like that again
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Used 90k miles to book delight out and pe back in October. £350 each.

It was only £100 extra to upgrade to pe on the return
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So we have enough miles (because of the 50% offer) to book 2 return flights to Orlando next Sept and only pay taxes and fees - about £1300.

Am I correct in the following:
  • If we cancel at least 24 hours before we get our miles back plus the taxes and fees (except for a fee of around £30)
  • This would then mean insurance is less of an issue than normal because if COVID is still a major issue we could just cancel ourselves?

If so, then it would make booking now more appealing as our only real issue in the event we couldn't travel would be that we might have to wait a while for Virgin to give us our £1300 back.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
So we have enough miles (because of the 50% offer) to book 2 return flights to Orlando next Sept and only pay taxes and fees - about £1300.

• If we cancel at least 24 hours before we get our miles back plus the taxes and fees (except for a fee of around £30)
  • This would then mean insurance is less of an issue than normal because if COVID is still a major issue we could just cancel ourselves?

If so, then it would make booking now more appealing as our only real issue in the event we couldn't travel would be that we might have to wait a while for Virgin to give us our £1300 back.
Both your questions are correct. I do it a lot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Both your questions are correct. I do it a lot.
Thank you - that really helps. I can totally risk a bit of a delay as our worst case outcome
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post

Is that £1300 on top of your points you spent?
That seems really expensive for 2 people in sept.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Is that £1300 on top of your points you spent?
That seems really expensive for 2 people in sept.
That would be correct if the flights are in UC, taxes and surcharges are charged at a fixed rate throughout the year.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just booked 4 adults Econ classic, 19th Sept from Manchester for just under £1000 for all 4 of us. I had been looking at Econ light prices of £412 each so I'm really happy with the price I've paid.

I feel much happier after the earlier confirmation that if the unthinkable happens and we cannot go we could cancel these flights for just £30 each.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
anyone had any luck getting through, availability is there but I am wanting to do EC outbound and PE inbound, anyone know how much the taxes on this.
yes you can get through if you ring first thing its a shorter queue but expect to wait about an hour at least. it was an hour on first call at 7.15am and an hour and 45 mins on 2nd call at 12 noon. I was told once they get a lot busier at 11 when the americans start joining the call queue