Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Feb 12, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

We met in 1986 when we were both working in Sark in the Channel Islands. I was supposed to go back to college but instead moved down to Blackpool where he was from. Got married 5 years later in 1991.
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Natztastic
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Posse View Post
Can't the girl propose on a leap year - ie tomorrow?
I wish! I don't think he'd say yes anyway as he wouldn't think it was 'right'

Oh well...

x
DLP Aug '08 - WDW May '09 - WDW Nov '10 - DLP May '11 - DLP Dec '11 - WDW Oct '12 (Got engaged!) - DLP Mar '13 - WDW May '13 - DLP Oct '13 - WDW Oct '14 - WDW May '15 - Orlando Nov 15 - Orlando May '16 - Orlando Sep '16
Natztastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
animelover
Excited about Disney

met him in school been together 5years now <3 fairly boring lol

AnimeLover
April 2001 , April 2002 , Oct 2003 , April 2005 , Sept 2007 Oct 2009 Sept 2013 June 2014Oct 2018(Disneymoon <3 )
First DVC Dec 2019March 2022Jan 2023
animelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
the poags
Excited about Disney

Met my lovely DH at a wedding when i was 16, i was the bridesmaid and he was the best man. He was in the Raf and serving in Germany...i do like a man in a uniform That was 23 years ago, been married for 19 years and got 2 wonderful DS's
the poags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
He was my BF's other half's BF. We were their witnesses at their wedding. Thankfully we've lasted a lot longer than they did!

Been together 20yrs this week!, married for 17yrs this year
Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

We worked together... When i was younger i always told my Mum i'd meet a Chef..& yes he was one
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

I started a new job on 22nd June 1987. The next day, in walked DH and another guy, who had been taken on as casual staff for a year to input data to a new computer system. I remember looking at DH and thinking he was hot but that he was bound to be engaged at least.

We got engaged on 25th July 1988 after going out for 5 weeks and 4 days, got married on 3rd May 1991 and have been really happy together for nearly 21 years now.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I really am enjoying this thread and hearing every bodies lovely stories
I met Dh when I was 16 and still at school, He was 18 and dating a girl who lived down my road. I fancied him as soon as I met him but he didn't speak, I thought he was very ignorant but it turned out to be shyness!
We bumped into each other in a nightclub and he wouldn't leave me alone, He still doesn't know to this day were he got the confidence from to talk to me. He dumped his girlfriend the next day and we got together ( I don't feel guilty because I was only a kid and they weren't in a serious relationship). We were together for a few months then split up...

I Still had feelings for him but hadn't seen him in those 2 years as I moved away to live with my dad, Couldn't stop thinking about him so I moved back to my mums and after a drunken night out decided to write him a Love letter and post it through his parents front door at 4am lol... 2 days passed and I didn't hear from him so I felt pretty deflated! I was getting ready to go out with my friend when he phoned me, I asked him to come out with us, I couldn't take my eyes of him I knew it was right straight away, But there was one problem, He was a Heroin addict.
I tried to convince him to kick the drugs but with no success, I moved in with him and his parents a month later, I tried as much as I could to help him but nothing would work, after 2 months I had had enough, he had stolen my stuff, money and jewellery and was out all day long shoplifting... I asked him to come visit my dad with me, I paid for our train tickets and we had loaded his dads car with our luggage to go to the train station, He said he was popping outside to get something... 8hrs later he didn't return, I waited and cried and then decided I would go without him. I left him a letter and caught the train, That night he phoned me at my aunties he was really upset and wanted to come and see me, he got the train to kings cross and I met him there, His recovery started that day. I supported him, Babysat him and pushed him, Gave up my whole life to get his back, Thankfully I can say it paid off 10 years clean, It was hard going, Unless you know someone who is an addict or been one yourself you can not imagine how hard it was. We have 3 beautiful children and I am very much in love with him as was all those years ago, I could not be prouder of him xxx

Sorry for the long post xxx
Old 28 Feb 12, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbarnes2b View Post
I really am enjoying this thread and hearing every bodies lovely stories
I met Dh when I was 16 and still at school, He was 18 and dating a girl who lived down my road. I fancied him as soon as I met him but he didn't speak, I thought he was very ignorant but it turned out to be shyness!
We bumped into each other in a nightclub and he wouldn't leave me alone, He still doesn't know to this day were he got the confidence from to talk to me. He dumped his girlfriend the next day and we got together ( I don't feel guilty because I was only a kid and they weren't in a serious relationship). We were together for a few months then split up...

I Still had feelings for him but hadn't seen him in those 2 years as I moved away to live with my dad, Couldn't stop thinking about him so I moved back to my mums and after a drunken night out decided to write him a Love letter and post it through his parents front door at 4am lol... 2 days passed and I didn't hear from him so I felt pretty deflated! I was getting ready to go out with my friend when he phoned me, I asked him to come out with us, I couldn't take my eyes of him I knew it was right straight away, But there was one problem, He was a Heroin addict.
I tried to convince him to kick the drugs but with no success, I moved in with him and his parents a month later, I tried as much as I could to help him but nothing would work, after 2 months I had had enough, he had stolen my stuff, money and jewellery and was out all day long shoplifting... I asked him to come visit my dad with me, I paid for our train tickets and we had loaded his dads car with our luggage to go to the train station, He said he was popping outside to get something... 8hrs later he didn't return, I waited and cried and then decided I would go without him. I left him a letter and caught the train, That night he phoned me at my aunties he was really upset and wanted to come and see me, he got the train to kings cross and I met him there, His recovery started that day. I supported him, Babysat him and pushed him, Gave up my whole life to get his back, Thankfully I can say it paid off 10 years clean, It was hard going, Unless you know someone who is an addict or been one yourself you can not imagine how hard it was. We have 3 beautiful children and I am very much in love with him as was all those years ago, I could not be prouder of him xxx

Sorry for the long post xxx
Don't apologise - what a lovely story and hopefully will bring a ray of light to anyone who has a loved one with problems.
Old 29 Feb 12, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Anniee I really appreciate your comment

I hope it does give hope to others that an addiction can be over come xxx
Closed Thread