Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 12, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I can understand your concern but I think it will be fine.
I dont think its fair for the lad to miss his holiday as lets face it the holiday will be over before the wedding has even begun.
He is young and should be able to handle lack of sleep, he will probably be able to sleep on the plane.
I bet he is as excited for his holiday as you are for your wedding.

Is there anyone else that can help you the day before ,
Why does your mum have to go pick him up,?

Edited at 09:22 AM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I quickly learnt when planning my wedding that nobody else really gave a darn and that the most important day of my life was not even a blimp in theirs! Try not to stress, he'll be there!
This! You took the words out of my mouth.

I can understand why you'd be concerned, I don't think I would be happy either, as you say, his flight could get delayed. But what I learned from having my wedding was to go with the flow, some things you can't control, but its your big day and your husband to be's and as long as you're both there then everyone else being there is just a bonus
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
TBH having him out of the way until the big day might be a godsend LOL. At that age he just wont get the stressing out business etc and would probably get in your way or just be a pain. I think others have said it is unfair for him to miss out on his big holiday. Where abouts in Glasgow are you because there are buses every 10 mins into the centre and then he could get another from the centre home. Im sure everyhting will be fine.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 12, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Don't panic, everything will be fine. Now if he was coming back on the morning of the wedding, then you could worry !
If he's landing at 9am, he has all day and night to catch up on sleep.
What exactly would he be doing the day before anyway if this hadn't come up?
Relax and wish him a lovely holiday and make him promise to bring you something nice back
Old 29 Feb 12, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kaboomba View Post
Do you think I'm being unreasonable to expect him to not go?
I'm sorry but Yes.

He arrives home early the day before. I bet most dibbers are back at work the next day after arriving home.

I can understand your concerns, after all it's your wedding day and you want it to be perfect. But put yourself in his shoes, he will be thinking "what's the problem, i get back the day before the wedding".

I'm sure everything will work itself out. Have a great day.
Old 29 Feb 12, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
I'm sorry but Yes.

He arrives home early the day before. I bet most dibbers are back at work the next day after arriving home.

I can understand your concerns, after all it's your wedding day and you want it to be perfect. But put yourself in his shoes, he will be thinking "what's the problem, i get back the day before the wedding".

I'm sure everything will work itself out. Have a great day.
I totally agree with this x
Old 29 Feb 12, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dankusan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by the stevensons View Post
I dont think any 18 year old will want to give up a holiday-also i am sure he will be fine to give you away-he is 18-they dont sleep.

Ithink if you are not careful you will let this spoil your day-just try to relax and enjoy the build up.
I agree with this. When i was 18 i could be out every night until 2am and be at work by 8am the next day for about a week every couple of weeks!

18 Yrs old have a strange way of doing things.
It is the day before your wedding he lands, he will (hopefully) be brought back by his mates family and your mum will be free to help you out.

If you play the bad sister and ask him not to go that might make things worse because he will be missing out on a great holiday and will blame you which will make yur stress levels even higher.
Old 29 Feb 12, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I don't think you can expect him to give up his holiday , and whilst I can understand your concern I think you are making it a bigger deal in your head than it actually is.

Its not as if an 18 yr old lad would have been much help with the wedding prep anyway, so it might be quite good to have him out of the way - you and your mum can enjoy the few days leading up to the wedding together.

I am sure it will be absolutely fine, I wouldn't even bring it up with my brother if it was me - would just cause unnecessary rows as really, he isn't doing anything wrong.
Old 29 Feb 12, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I quickly learnt when planning my wedding that nobody else really gave a darn and that the most important day of my life was not even a blimp in theirs! Try not to stress, he'll be there!
Lol agree with this! im also planning my wedding and have quickly found that its just another day to everyone else! Dont worry I bet you wont even notice if if he is grumpy/tired your mind will be getting married!
Old 29 Feb 12, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
I'm sorry but Yes.

I am far from 18 (and like my sleep) but we have often arrived home from the USA one day and been at work (or school) first thing the next morning with no problems. He will be fine.
Closed Thread