Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 28 Jan 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Honeymoon ideas to include Disney

I paid the deposit for my first on site Disney stay last Summer during the free dining, for a week long trip this October. We had originally planned on doing this for a week, and then potentially going on to New Orleans and Texas, or up to NYC. However, I am now engaged and we're hoping to get married this year and instead incorporate our Disney trip into our honeymoon.

Any suggestions on where we could go before and/or after? I was thinking of maybe somewhere we could go for a few days before Disney, and then maybe 1-2 weeks after?

I don't mind doing a few internal flights, but I'm looking for some inspiration
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lorimac
Serious Dibber

Congratulations! What an exciting year it will be for you!

There are so many options for you.

We went to Florida for our honeymoon and spent a week in Orlando and a week in Clearwater, which was a great contrast.

We have also done a split stay with a week in Orlando and a week in Marco Island.

Both beach stays were great for beaches, sight seeing and were much more laid back than theme park hopping in Orlando and so were a great contrast.

But you could go for something completely different and maybe do a few days in New York, then down to Florida.

Or a East to West coast stay, incorporating NY, Orlando, with LA or Las Vegas ... the list goes on!

If I were planning this for you (and I LOVE planning holidays!), I would look at how long you want to go for, what your budget is and what elements are important:
Sight seeing
Relaxation
Theme parks
Nature/ adventure

From that are there any specific places that you would really want to go to.

Are there any must does like WDW Victoria and Albert meal, Amtrak train ride, helicopter over Manhattan...

Then I would start looking at options that tick your boxes and fit within your timings and budget.

Fabulous project to plan and I hope you have a great time doing it.
Old 8 Feb 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

How exciting! We got married in Vegas three years ago then took an internal flight with southwest to Orlando for one night (enough time to hit the outlets ). The following day left on a week long cruise of the Caribbean . Loved it so much we are doing the same this year.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorimac View Post
Congratulations! What an exciting year it will be for you!

There are so many options for you.

We went to Florida for our honeymoon and spent a week in Orlando and a week in Clearwater, which was a great contrast.

We have also done a split stay with a week in Orlando and a week in Marco Island.

Both beach stays were great for beaches, sight seeing and were much more laid back than theme park hopping in Orlando and so were a great contrast.

But you could go for something completely different and maybe do a few days in New York, then down to Florida.

Or a East to West coast stay, incorporating NY, Orlando, with LA or Las Vegas ... the list goes on!

If I were planning this for you (and I LOVE planning holidays!), I would look at how long you want to go for, what your budget is and what elements are important:
Sight seeing
Relaxation
Theme parks
Nature/ adventure

From that are there any specific places that you would really want to go to.

Are there any must does like WDW Victoria and Albert meal, Amtrak train ride, helicopter over Manhattan...

Then I would start looking at options that tick your boxes and fit within your timings and budget.

Fabulous project to plan and I hope you have a great time doing it.
There's so many options! I'm overwhelmed right now trying to think about it and the wedding. I am also a massive lover of planning holidays so I'm really looking forward to planning it once I know where we're going so I can start my itinerary and use it as my destress planning when I dont have wedding things to do

I had thought about east to west, but I've been to California a few times as I have family there, and although my partner hasn't I'm not sure whether it's going to seem not very honeymoon like since I've been a few times (I've been to San Diego, LA, Santa Monica, San Fran, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento so I've done a fair bit) and I've also been to LV.

Love the idea of the doors off tour in NYC tho. I've been there a few times but I still haven't done it, and if I can convince the OH I think it would be a fantastic special activity to do there.

I think we definitely want to finish in either NYC or Boston as we'll be going direct back to Dublin for our flight home, and I've went to NYC for almost every thanksgiving for the past 8 years, so I feel like it will be nice for me since I'm not going to be doing that this year.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
How exciting! We got married in Vegas three years ago then took an internal flight with southwest to Orlando for one night (enough time to hit the outlets ). The following day left on a week long cruise of the Caribbean . Loved it so much we are doing the same this year.
I am so on the fence about a cruise! I don't like the thought of being on a boat for that length of time as they put a little bit of fear into me, but there's been so many people have said they're amazing.