Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Very happy - HMRC tax refund

Out of the blue I've received a text from the HMRC saying I'm due a tax refund, so I'm understandably very excited.

I plan to call their call centre (probably in India or Nigeria) and speak to one of their helpful staff. I guess they will need to access my online bank account in order to process my tax refund, but I know I can trust the HMRC so that won't be an issue.

I will let you know how much I get.

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Stop wasting your time on here and give them you bank details 😂
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Think HMRC will soon be demanding tax from me.
I have come into a verylarge sum of money from a long lost relative. Will be paid into my bank on supplying details.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Don’t forget to share the wealth with your dibb friends when you get your payout... if it is a scam I expect another message to appear here asking for us to set up a go fund me page to fund your Costa lifestyle after you have been bled dry by scammers.

In all seriousness though it’s good you can recognise it is a scam cos some poor sod won’t and be a victim of this sort of thing
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I had an e mail from them a couple of days ago telling me the same, must have been real though as the grammar was atrocious
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Don’t forget to share the wealth with your dibb friends when you get your payout... if it is a scam I expect another message to appear here asking for us to set up a go fund me page to fund your Costa lifestyle after you have been bled dry by scammers.

In all seriousness though it’s good you can recognise it is a scam cos some poor sod won’t and be a victim of this sort of thing
It's definitely not a scam, because the text clearly states it comes from the HMRC. I am no fool believe me, in fact I have just paid the prince of Lagos £10,000 because he is giving £2 million, but he required the £10k for the admin transfer fee.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Out of the blue I've received a text from the HMRC saying I'm due a tax refund, so I'm understandably very excited.

I plan to call their call centre (probably in India or Nigeria) and speak to one of their helpful staff. I guess they will need to access my online bank account in order to process my tax refund, but I know I can trust the HMRC so that won't be an issue.

I will let you know how much I get.

I wish I was this lucky
Apparently there’s a case been opened against me for tax fraud and if I don’t call them there will be a warrant issued for my arrest 🤣🤣
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

It's your lucky day MH.

I received an email yesterday informing me of a refund for my TV License for a total of £236.56
All I have to do to claim my refund is enter my credit/debit card details.
So easy!

DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It's definitely not a scam, because the text clearly states it comes from the HMRC. I am no fool believe me, in fact I have just paid the prince of Lagos £10,000 because he is giving £2 million, but he required the £10k for the admin transfer fee.
Blimey just how much do people owe you MH, you really are a lucky thing
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
MH

We come from a very unlucky family, in the past several years, we have lost so many distant relatives to dreadful car accidents in Nigeria, South Africa and New York. I decided to reply and donate all the monies left to me ( Millions, don't you know ) to Interpol, to investigate these car crashes in which so many of my kinfolk have died. I am sure its a conspiracy theory to wipe out the TInk Clan from existence, `probably by Captain Hook.

Despite my generosity, not one email I have sent has been responded to, which I find quite rude
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List