Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Planning a none theme park visit.

We are in the planning stage after staying on-site for the last 10 years next year's trip is a non-theme park one. I am planning 3 days 2 night at St Augustine's never been to the area wanted to go for a few years. But with this year's trip cancelled and we really don't want to go to the theme parks so looking for a more relaxing trip, if anyone, has visited St Augustine's, is 3 day enough to see the sights, also looking at bed and breakfast options in one B&B in the historic district instead of a hotel chain. Booked a package staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek resort which is unusual for us as usually DIY, so would it be best to tell the hotel when we go to St Augustine's, so they know we will not be in the room.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes I would
But check,out your insurance about leaving stuff in your room take pictures as you depart and tell reception you have them
Personally we’d never leave stuff more than overnight in a hotel
That’s what packing cubes were invented for pack the st Augustine stuff in one set the test in the other easy to chuck in the case if you don’t want to leave it or be rummaging in a case in StAugastine
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
huntmj
Excited about Disney

St Augustine is lovely, i would guess that you will have plenty of time to see everything. It's a fair drive from Orlando so take your time and enjoy it. We also drove the slow route down the coast, it think it's the A1, and there is a lighthouse at Ponce Inlet if you like that sort of thing. Have fun.
huntmj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes I would
But check,out your insurance about leaving stuff in your room take pictures as you depart and tell reception you have them
Personally we’d never leave stuff more than overnight in a hotel
That’s what packing cubes were invented for pack the st Augustine stuff in one set the test in the other easy to chuck in the case if you don’t want to leave it or be rummaging in a case in StAugastine
Thanks for this I always use packing cubes so easy to know where your things are. It will only be clothes that will be in the room everything of value will be with us but never thought of taking photos of the stuff we will be leaving in the room.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by huntmj View Post
St Augustine is lovely, i would guess that you will have plenty of time to see everything. It's a fair drive from Orlando so take your time and enjoy it. We also drove the slow route down the coast, it think it's the A1, and there is a lighthouse at Ponce Inlet if you like that sort of thing. Have fun.
Thank you this was why I was thinking 2 nights 3 days as we really do not want to rush, and it looks to be an over 90 minutes drive at least.
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We actually take pics every day just before we leave a hotel room and video of us opening the safe ( obviously not the combination) taking out what we need for the day what we are putting back in ie cash passports extra phone etc and us shutting it all time stamped
This after a horrible experience in Spain many years-ago and we always opt out of house keeping I can make our bed tidy up wizz round the bathroom just ask for clean towels / sheets if we need them and as we leave for the day dump our trash in the housekeeping trolley trash bag
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We left a Rosen hotel for a few nights to go elsewhere. We told the reception and they have security lock the door so no one should be able to get in, then when you come back they get security to open the door and activate your key card again.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
We left a Rosen hotel for a few nights to go elsewhere. We told the reception and they have security lock the door so no one should be able to get in, then when you come back they get security to open the door and activate your key card again.
Thank you for this information l will remember this. We will be taking something with us but it's good to know that they can lock the door to our room.
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We actually take pics every day just before we leave a hotel room and video of us opening the safe ( obviously not the combination) taking out what we need for the day what we are putting back in ie cash passports extra phone etc and us shutting it all time stamped
This after a horrible experience in Spain many years-ago and we always opt out of house keeping I can make our bed tidy up wizz round the bathroom just ask for clean towels / sheets if we need them and as we leave for the day dump our trash in the housekeeping trolley trash bag
We have been lucky only once were taken from our room in Tunsia most of my knickers good job l was wearing a pair as l could have none. It's was strange experience as even my mum,s bucket knickers went as well from a different room. DH used to laugh at me inspecting our rooms and checking for dust and taking wipes for cleaning on holiday but l like to know it's clean.
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jandma
I want to go now!

Have a look at the independently owned St. Francis Inn (B&B), it is a few years since we stayed there and we loved it. Central to everything and the hop on/hop off tour trolley tram is a must.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
jandma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List