Car/bike 3 1.01%
Other 14 4.71%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Oct 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I ticked the ‘boring 💤’ Other box !

All depends on what is most urgent at the time (when I’ve got any money 🤔 ). I would always prioritise and stick to it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I ticked the ‘boring 💤’ Other box !

All depends on what is most urgent at the time (when I’ve got any money 🤔 ). I would always prioritise and stick to it.
I’d always prioritise what needs doing but due to this virus and having everything cancelled we have ended up completely redoing the garden, landscaping it, two patio re-fencing and a new gate. Also replaced the bath with a shower.

Did these thing need doing. Nope. Everything was still standing and was ok just not brilliant or the exact way we wanted it. I’ve spent less on all this than on holidays last year yet in my head it makes no difference give me my Florida holiday over a new patio any day.

My argument for that is that my kids talk about Florida. They don’t take about the fence or the patio.

Ah well least it will all be done and that means lots of holidays when we can get back to it instead. 2021 was suppose to be only a 1 week holiday cruise and then doing all these house extras. Suppose it’s just a year early
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

It depends. On balance I'd say a holiday over home improvements, and so long as my car gets me from A to B I'm happy. Our house is pretty good shape, and the last time we splashed out on improvements was 18 months ago on a wood burner. The bathroom are ensuites are dated, but DH has smartened them up on a budget. They will do for a couple more years then we can hopefully get our US trip next year.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I stand by my comment of prioritising essential work over a holiday, although obviously many of you have different ideas.

I know holiday memories will last longer than those of having the fence replaced, but it would be ridiculous to neglect the “fabric” of your home so you can swim with dolphins.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I stand by my comment of prioritising essential work over a holiday, although obviously many of you have different ideas.

I know holiday memories will last longer than those of having the fence replaced, but it would be ridiculous to neglect the “fabric” of your home so you can swim with dolphins.
I agree, home is where we spend the majority of our time and for me it has to be in very good condition.

Memories and holidays do not need to be Florida or other expensive places. I have great memories of wet and windy Abersoch beaches with our small children and so do they. They have taken their own children on great UK holidays and enjoyed them while still enjoying far flung places.

I would never criticise others for how they spend their money but for me I have to have a comfortable place to come home to.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Home. Overwhelmingly.
We do like to have a very nice comfortable home, regularly updating and refurbishing, way more important than any holiday. (To us)

Fortunately, these days we are also able to holiday where and when we like (Covid permitting of course!) but it hasn't always been that way, when the kids were younger we had to compromise with fewer holidays but our home always came first. I suppose it very much depends on your circumstances and where you are in life, but ultimately we all decide what our own priorities are, what is most important to us, at the time
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gasp0de
VIP Dibber

When the kids were small I would had the holidays, which left us with fantastic memories, now they have grown up home improvements would come 1st.
gasp0de is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

For me it depends on whether you are doing essential repairs or tarting up for the sake of it. But it's up to everyone how they spend their own money.
If I had young children I would go for the holidays, days out, etc as long as home is warm, dry and comfortable.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
For me it depends on whether you are doing essential repairs or tarting up for the sake of it. But it's up to everyone how they spend their own money.
If I had young children I would go for the holidays, days out, etc as long as home is warm, dry and comfortable.
Trust me sue as soon as I can book things without restrictions it will be holidays all the way. Our house is done now so we’ve already booked a cruise for 2022 and hubby has said if restrictions are gone we can do Disney in May 2022. For this year we are having no holiday which will be the first time ever in 16 years we’ve been together but will do days out. Shouldn’t be this excited for 18 months away but I am.
Georgia my youngest is on a mission to be tall enough for everest and Scarlett my eldest is saving for universal for Jurassic park. Apparently if she pays for it she can go there 😂 (we said Disney only we will see)
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Always the holidays for us (however, we live in military housing so we wouldn't do much to it anyway).

When we buy our home the kids will be older so we probably will spend a lot of money on that instead.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List