UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 15 Sep 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Unfortunate name but I can recommend the Corona hotel near the Pleasure Beach
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Unfortunate name but I can recommend the Corona hotel near the Pleasure Beach
We did have a laugh at that one when we walked past the other day... but it did look really nice.
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wherever you go don't end up at the Central Hotel in Blackpool. When I was 16 I went on a cheap holiday (by bus) to Lloret de Mar. The hotel we stayed in wasn't great and a few weeks later I was reading The Sun and the middle page spread was Hellhole Hotel, the hotel we stayed in in Spain Still wasn't as bad as the Central Hotel.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Don’t book in to the calypso hotel. My mum went with a friend and it’s the worst place she had ever stayed. She actually slept on top of the covers with her clothes on rather than her pyjamas!
The cliffs used to be a good hotel, I haven’t been for a couple of years though.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Stayed in The Norbreck Castle last year for a football tournament, can only be described as Hell on Earth! Never again, my feet were sticking to the carpet and the rooms hadn't been painted since Jesus was last in Blackpool.

How the hotel is still in operation I do not know. I heard someone complaining there were dandelions coming out of the air conditioning unit!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Stayed at the Sheraton Hotel for 2 nights with the kids in August. We have been 3 times now and its really really good. Its so clean and the food is delicious. My daughter is a picky eater but they went above and beyond to cater for her. They have childrens entertainment on too. Tram stop is right outside too. Pelican crossing next to the hotel.

tripadvisor/Hotel_...e_England.html
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went at end of july and stayed at Blackpool beach premier inn. Good cv protection, parking, short walk to front, and really reasonable for our dates. Second the comment re masks etc, as we seemed to be the only people in the rock shop wearing them. We wore it all day at pleasure beach as felt better protected. Have fun.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Please consider a B&B rather than a hotel if possible, small businesses are relying on tourism at the moment and Blackpool has thousands of amazing B&B’s, many at half the cost of a hotel.
I can highly recommend the Camelot House or the Kenley they are both amazing and great value!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We also usually go to the Village because we like to be a bit out of town. . Went in July for a few nights and going again in November. The restaurant is nice, you can walk to the zoo and there is golf and a swimming pool. I have read a few bad reviews recently but we found it to be good for the price, clean and no issues at all. Make sure you check the website for the offers. We have booked for 2 nights b & b and evening meal one night for £109 for 3 of us which I think is good value. Sometimes the offers are a bit hidden in the website ! It is a bit out of Blackpool,no more than 10 minutes in the car, the bus stops nearby and a taxi would be quite reasonable. You can get a combined ticket for all buses and trams ( not the special illuminated ones)

Have a good time !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Premier Inn Blackpool Airport is a nice hotel. It's about 10 min walk from pleasure Beach or you can walk down road and get on the tram. We like it there because we can leave the car there and walk into Blackpool or just get the tram. The breakfast is nice too.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List