Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
In this never ending rollercoaster of uncertainty, I just read this:

"Sir John Bell, a member of the government's vaccine taskforce, has said the latest news on vaccinations made him "more confident" life could return to normal by April 2021."

'By' April. Feeling optimistic again (for now!). 😁
I am so up and down with it all the time. It could well happen though. If they start rolling th vaccine out next month as planned then that can only be a good sign
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Interesting article here...
ft/content/8a59043d-...0-2780f06c5d1e

The Qantas CEO saying they will only allow international travel to passengers who have been vaccinated and he expects other carriers to do the same.

“We are looking at changing our terms and conditions to say for international travellers, we will ask people to have a vaccination before they can get on the aircraft."

“I think that’s going to be a common thing talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe.”
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

we're in the same position - originally due to go last May. We pushed it back to September then again to the end of April 2021.

I keep thinking there is a possibility we will go, but I'm not making any decisions until January. Hopefully it will be clearer by then the progress of the vaccine rollout.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm booked for March so thats even more optimistic

I'd wait a bit before cancelling. Things are moving in the right direction so you may just get there in April!
Old 24 Nov 20, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
I am so up and down with it all the time. It could well happen though. If they start rolling th vaccine out next month as planned then that can only be a good sign
I will feel more confident once that starts, but won't be sure of April until they confirm we can travel without a vaccine certificate. I don't think the under 50s will be vaccinated before Easter. Overall though i'm feeling more optimistic.

They have also announced that from December you can 'test out' of the 14 day quarantine after 5 days.
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Change the booking..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am just keeping the booking until nearer the time. You can change whenever anyway. I am booked for April 21st
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I am just keeping the booking until nearer the time. You can change whenever anyway. I am booked for April 21st
Same! We are booked for the 17th.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

We are rebooked for 5th April 2020. Hate this not knowing what will happen. Hopefully in the new year it will become clearer.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We were booked for 30 April but have just moved to mid June. After the update from Boris last night I was starting to get anxious that it wouldn’t happen and DVC availability was starting to disappear so we moved our flights and bookings today.