Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

could he have leaned on the handle and it opened inadvertently? Or thought you had a porch?

Also did you ask him? I am assuming that you spoke to him when you got to the door and he handed the parcel over? What did he say?
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

If he did that at my house he would have got a nasty shock when my German shepherd ran towards him at break neck speed!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we leave our porch unlocked most of the time anyway so amazon/etc can leave the parcels in there

would you rather they left your parcel in the bin outside? if so, put it on your delivery notes!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you leave your front door unlocked? Or was this a porch?

There’s no way I could leave our front door unlocked as I’d be paranoid. I’m also not sure I even know anybody that has a door the can be opened from outside, I though the handles only allowed the door to be opened from inside and that a key was needed from outside. Clearly I’m a bit clueless, but everyone I can think of is like this unless it’s a porch or back door.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Had an amazon delivery today, he rang the door bell, by the time I got to the hall he had pushed my door handle down and the door was just starting to open. Now I have no idea why he did this, if he was planning on putting my delivery inside my door or what.
Would you just let it go or would you contact Amazon and complain? I know delivery drivers are under huge pressure and I wouldn't want to cause someone to lose their job, but I do wonder what would have happened if I had not been there. DH is working from home, and if training does not answer the door and would not notice someone in the hall.
What do you want from your complaint?

Disney332
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The very reason nobody should never have a front door lock whereby you can open the door without a key.

People forget to lock the door with that system

I know it varies area to area but my delivery Guys are excellent all round.

To be honest in the bigger picture does it matter? I lay money if you complain it will be 'noted' and be filed under B for Bin.

Not worth losing heart muscle over.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The very reason nobody should ever have a front door lock whereby you can open the door without a key.

People forget to lock the door with that system
I’m hoping the delivery person was just trying to ensure you got your parcel.

But I’m another who doesn’t like these doors where you can open from outside without a key if not locked inside. DHs elderly parents many years ago found someone in their kitchen who had just walked into the house without them hearing. If they were in their living room, upstairs, in the garden, shower etc anyone could just get in.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I dont expect id say anything to amazon this time around, but id definitely be checking that my door was locked more often!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I would let it go, he was probably going to place the delivery inside the door.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I’m hoping the delivery person was just trying to ensure you got your parcel.

But I’m another who doesn’t like these doors where you can open from outside without a key if not locked inside. DHs elderly parents many years ago found someone in their kitchen who had just walked into the house without them hearing. If they were in their living room, upstairs, in the garden, shower etc anyone could just get in.
happened to us with our back door , we never used to lock it until we went to bed. OH was still up and heard the dog bowl move , couple of minutes later heard it again and found someone running out back door and over our fence. They took my purse and a phone - normally my purse has no money in it but it was early December and I had just that withdrawn £300 for christmas shopping. Have never left it unlocked again .