Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 10, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

:) meal for after wedding ceremony

hi all!

any ideas for where would be nice to go for a meal after our wedding ceremony at cypress grove, we're staying on international drive in the quality inn plaza.

first time to florida, so have no idea what to expect.

we're not fussy eaters but would like somewhere a bit more classy than your average everyday restaurant, don't know about chain restaurants it would depend what they we're like!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Do you want to find somewhere on I/Drive? If so you would like the restaurants in the Rosen Plaza hotel which is right next to the Quality Inn Plaza.

rosenplaza/Dining_And_Entertainment.aspx

rosenplaza/BackstagePromo.aspx

Jack's Place is more formal than Cafe Matisse, but both are very nice and really it depends on which menu you prefer. The whole hotel is lovely with a large bar and terrace and a night club on some evenings, so you could spend a nice evening there. And then back to your hotel - a 5 minute walk!

Hope that helps

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Gaylord Palms is lovely Villa de Flora Restaurant. Or what about one of the Disney hotel restaurants.
Old 21 Jan 10, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyx5
Very Serious Dibber

We went to Planet Hollywood, we booked it through Virgin as part of our wedding package. It was only $25 per person, which I thought really reasonable. We went in our full wedding outfits which was really nice and we were sat upstairs by ourselves, so it was really private. There were 8 of us in total.

Disneyland Paris Aug '02, Jan '03, Jan '04, April '04, Aug '04, Jan '06, April '06, May '07, Feb '08, April '08, Oct '08, Feb'10, Aug '13
Florida Jul '93, Aug '00, '01, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08, Apr '09, Aug '09, Jun '10, April '11, Aug '12, '14, '16, '17
disneyx5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

oh thanks everyone for the replys, i'm gonna make a note of all the places you've suggested and google them,
to be honest i would have thought virgin would have send me some information on things like this when i recieved my wedding pack, but hey nevemind.
i'm so excited, i can't wait!
Old 31 Jan 10, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneyx5 View Post
We went to Planet Hollywood, we booked it through Virgin as part of our wedding package. It was only $25 per person, which I thought really reasonable. We went in our full wedding outfits which was really nice and we were sat upstairs by ourselves, so it was really private. There were 8 of us in total.
Hi

There is 9 of us and Im still looking for somewhere to go after our wedding in Cypress Grove. I like the idea of staying in our wedding outfits but dont really fancy walking into a restaurant and having ppl staring at us lol. Did you find that when you went?

Edited at 02:37 AM. Reason: error
Old 31 Jan 10, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Stuart_D
Apprentice Imagineer

Stuart_D's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My suggestion would have been the California Grill at the Contemporary Hotel. My wife reckons it's the most romatic place I've ever taken her - with going out on the balcony to watch the Wishes Fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.

I wouldn't have thought that Planet Hollywood would have been that special - it's really noisy with the VJ in there and it's usually absolutely packed, but if there is a special private area that might be really cool.
Stuart_D is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 10, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We got married at Cypress Grove in 2004 and had our Wedding meal at Timpanos Italian Chophouse on Sand Lake Road (this is reasonably close to Internatinal Drive).

There were 11 of us and we had our own private dining area. The food was amazing and i didn't feel out of place in my Wedding dress.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

After our wedding at Cypress Grove we went to Narcossees at the Grand Floridian Resort. The meal, location and service was fantastic and we stayed in our wedding outfits which was lovely! There was a good choice of food ranging from lobster to chicken and everyone was happy. The highlight for us was watching the Wishes fireworks from their verranda at 10pm and I felt that Disney had put them on just for our wedding! (I tell everyone that I had fireworks at our wedding and that they cost a fortune!)
Old 1 Feb 10, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

After my wedding in 2004 at Cypress Grove we went to Ruth Chris Steak House (on Sandlake Road) with 13 of us. We stayed in our wedding clothes and didnt feel at all out of place, we had a semi-private area and were so looked after and the food was lovely, we have been back each time we go and have a great time.
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread