Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 16, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

What is a good price for car hire?

I don't think I have ever had to book car hire before, as we've always used COTD.

However, this time we are flying to Miami and flying out from there as well.

What is a good price for car hire? What have you paid before? I am looking for something that will take luggage and 2 adults and 2 children, so intermediate or SUV.

I am looking at prices now and I was surprised by just how much they are, but I have no idea whether they are reasonable prices or a lot of money?
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Budget do an SUV for just over £500 for our dates, which is for 18 nights. Plus I can get 11% cash back through Quidco, is this reasonable?

Although we do have to pay a additional $9 per day for an extra driver on it.
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We usually pay about 200pw for intermediate suv
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Just paid £1064 for 6 weeks for a large SUV (4Runner booked, upgraded to 7 seater Dodge Journey) from Hertz. Another booking £198 for 1 week. Both had second driver included (join Gold rewards for free)
Those were with 10% senior discount but Hertz recently announced a 30% worldwide discount - don't know if it is still active.

Edited at 02:06 AM. Reason: Added new discount info.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

We paid £378 for a full size with all insurances for 15 days with Budget. It can vary by about £200 a fortnight between the various companies so it pays to check them all. You will find out how much more car on the drive is for a similar car then.
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

You fly on 15/8? Prices with Alamo.co.uk/brits drop on 16/8. My advice would be to hire the car for one day on 15/8 and then start a new booking from 16/8 which means returning the first car and collecting a new one. Worth checking out the prices doing it this way. I think you will save about 50% or more.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

It is often more expensive to hire from an airport. If you do hire for 1 day, you normally get a free drop off anywhere in Florida. Hire second car from local office away from airport. For Hertz, I find Estero cheapest. You can get free drop off at airport for your return. Take a trip to change car and save...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks, we won't be anywhere near Miami airport, as we are traveling to Naples straight away.

But I am now looking at getting a minivan for all of us just to travel to Naples then hiring our 2 cars once we are in Naples.
Old 29 Oct 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Alamo tend to have the exact same prices all over Florida, airport or not. Have you tried all the suspects e.g. Andy, VA, usrentacar,
uscarhire, Brits etc?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread