Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Aug 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
Thanks for the responses. Id heard of the care seatbelt and considered that as you can rent them for 3 weeks for under £20. I think im going to ring BA one more time and ask if its possible that he sits on our laps whenever the seatbelt sign is on and on his seat when there is no seatbelt sign on.
They can only sit on your lap if they are under 2, any child over 2 must have a seat of their own and sit in it/car seat for take off, landing or when the seatbelt sign is on.

We looked at all options and i think we're going to go with the car seat option as we'll need a car seat for the hire car and will use it again on another flight in the future for definite.

I got a reply from Britax on the aircraft kit, they don't sell it online anymore, you need to call them to order now.

Price is £15 for the parts and £5 delivery
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
They can only sit on your lap if they are under 2, any child over 2 must have a seat of their own and sit in it/car seat for take off, landing or when the seatbelt sign is on.

We looked at all options and i think we're going to go with the car seat option as we'll need a car seat for the hire car and will use it again on another flight in the future for definite.

I got a reply from Britax on the aircraft kit, they don't sell it online anymore, you need to call them to order now.

He is under 2, we just decided to pay for a seat for him as he'll be very nearly 2 and too big to sit on our laps for the entire flight.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We used a britax eclipse on virgin. Didn't need any additional airplane clips. It came with the FAA sticker on.
Old 11 Aug 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

They just need to be I the seat for take off and landing and the seat needs to be FAA approved. We didn't require any extra seatbelt kit on our flight
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

We took our 16 month old last year with virgin initially we were not going to get her a seat of own, but they do a special for kids called seat plus which was only 60 pounds each way for her seat so no choice really we had a maxicosi seat that was airline approved but again in the end we checked it, so she just had her own seat as we thought the room would be better.
all she had to do was sit on one of the parents laps for take off and landing they supply a special type of seat belt, i have to say virgin were a stand out air line for us regards the little one and my wife who needs oxygen could not praise them enough

i've flown with them before they were partnered with delta and was a little worried this time as delta have never given me nothing but problems

this time we are going with ba and not overly impressed so far website is dog.

to finish i would say the space is invaluable and just check the seat

good luck and have a good time

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
We used a britax eclipse on virgin. Didn't need any additional airplane clips. It came with the FAA sticker on.
We also bought the additional kit and did not need to use it,

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List