Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Robers7 View Post
Thanks for the replies. A few further comments: when we were at WDW in Summer 2014 we definitely used the (then) new FP+ system.

Before travelling (and when I booked FPs at 60 days) I had believed that getting FPs for the a.m. was best in order to give scope for additional FPs in the p.m. However, this last week it has been clear to me that any FP before 11am is a waste of a FP because the lines are so reasonable between 9 and 11. After 11 the lines on the popular rides go crazy for pretty much the rest of the day (90mins and up) and that's when I'd want a FP.

Take today for example: I watched many families smugly drifting into Space Mountain along the FP line at 9:50 when the regular line was only 25mins. That strikes me as a waste of a FP because the regular line was short anyway. There were no FPs left for space mountain for the rest of the day (i.e. nobody could get another space mountain fastpass pretty much from rope drop). I rode space mountain twice between 9am and 10am (regular queue) and then again with a 2pm fastpass when the line was 100mins.

10 FPs in a day is very possible, but the majority (if not all) of these will be for less popular rides having low wait times anyway (sub 40 mins is low imho).

One final thing, some FP lines are now getting on for 15-20 mins in themselves (test track was the other day). No great shakes but at 9:20 the regular line is shorter than this. Anyone booking fastpasses at 60 days might be well advised to just arrive at the park for rope drop (exploiting the British jetlag!) and reserve FPs for the afternoon.
We tend to try for slightly later ones because as you say if up early a bonus for shorter lines anyway but if you decide you want a lie in ( it's a holiday after all) later fp work better.
What I do think it's a long way to go to do a ride once but sometimes it's all you can get . It's shows fastpass increases queues as the dint have it on mnsshp and mvmcp nights and the queues are So much shorter as there is just 1 queue rather than the fp queue taking preference .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

If you only pre book one fastpass for Epcot (group a) then when that is done can you on the day choose another group A rather than having to do 2 group B before getting the choice of the bigger rides?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Apieceofcake View Post
If you only pre book one fastpass for Epcot (group a) then when that is done can you on the day choose another group A rather than having to do 2 group B before getting the choice of the bigger rides?
Nope. The whole point of tiering is that you have to use two from the second tier before getting a second from the top one

Last week both Soarin and Test Track were available as 4th selections
Old 16 Aug 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
I think 2014 was the year it changed as we experienced (read suffered) the new system in Sept 14. Admittedly we stayed offsite so had to wait for the 30-day window and 7DMT was new, but after trying every day for several days (and failing) to get a FP we gave up. Old system was better and fairer in my opinion.

I don't even know which park I want to be in on a certain day, 30 days before I start my holiday...let alone what attraction I want to ride.

Next year we're onsite so I'm dipping a toe in the 'planning' water as it seems we'll need to book ADRs six months in advance. This will sway what parks we are in on certain days, so I may dabble with the FP+ system again.

The old system where you had to be at park for rope drop. Charge around to get your FPs, no choice as to what time you got. If you arrived at park mid morning then no chance for the bigger rides.
FP+ was much better for us. Did the rides we wanted when we wanted. Able to change times the night before.
This seems fairer to me than Universal where you have to pay for FOLP, not everyone can afford to pay so not available to everyone. FP+ is free to everyone

Edited at 06:55 AM.
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We've been at HS today and rode TSM 4 times 3 with FP once queuing first thing (15mins) as well as RnR, ToT and ST. We could gave gotten more, but we had the desserts party so it became restrictive.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wazza68 View Post
The old system where you had to be at park for rope drop. Charge around to get your FPs, no choice as to what time you got. If you arrived at park mid morning then no chance for the bigger rides.
FP+ was much better for us. Did the rides we wanted when we wanted. Able to change times the night before.
This seems fairer to me than Universal where you have to pay for FOLP, not everyone can afford to pay so not available to everyone. FP+ is free to everyone
Yes, I remember when toy story mainia first opened. You had to be at the fastpass machine first thing at rope drop or they would be 30min queues just for the fastpass machine and all times would be gone by 11am. I remember getting a fastpass at 9.30 and it was for 6pm!
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
We've been at HS today and rode TSM 4 times 3 with FP once queuing first thing (15mins) as well as RnR, ToT and ST. We could gave gotten more, but we had the desserts party so it became restrictive.
How was this? We tried to fp Everest again at AKon Sunday and it wouldn't let us repeat on same day?
Completely new to all this 🙈
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

At Hollywood studios and managed to get Rock n Roller coaster as fourth FP about 2pm with only 30mins notice!
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dimelza View Post
How was this? We tried to fp Everest again at AKon Sunday and it wouldn't let us repeat on same day?
They might have been all out of FPs. There's only a limited amount

We too got extra Toy Story FPs two weeks ago
Old 24 Aug 17, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dimelza View Post
I can only assume it was because there was no FPs left for EE? We have definitely had multiple EE in the past in one day, although AK is definitely busier with the opening of Pandora. I noticed KS were difficult to get, that was when we were first booking our FP. We love the new system, especially as we can get a FP while in line for our last one. We had our initial 3: 7DMT, SM, BTM, we then had: PotC (40min SB) 2x Buzz (both 60min SB) Philarmagic (30min) we had a BTM one for the evening too, but there was lightening and it was shut. We got an open FP but the FP queues were too long and we wanted to watch the fireworks so left it.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List