Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
apparently a judge has ruled trainers will never be allowed in the water again, and that barriers will be put up between the whales and trainers.

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 12, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

i remeber in 1992 when they used to let the kids sit on shamus back, i have a photo of one, oh how times have changed
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 12, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

The shamu show

and Shamu Rocks etc just isn't the same without the trainers in the water.

We used to love "dine with shamu too"

I would go as far as possibly not going to watch the show in the future. When we were there in June, i actually found it a bit boring.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 12, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
thisismickey
Excited about Disney

I have seen both shows and although the shows with the trainers in are very good the One Ocean show was still good and I would not say borring at all.
I was very sad to hear of the trainers death a few years ago but if you get in the water with these wild whales you do face a certain amount of risk.
I feel a bit for Seaworld when Dawns family want to sue the park for her death. Yes on hindsight things can allways be improved and things made safer but we do not have this hindsight to work with.
Myself and the family love Seaworld and we all know how much money they make but at least they do some work out in the real world for sick Animals.
thisismickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 12, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

shock!

I have just read this thread with shock and dismay...

We have just returned from our first visit to Seaworld, not our forst visit to Florida however...

I can't believe you say you thought the show was 'boring'? My whole family watched in total amazement at these wonderful creatures. In fact i had a lump in my thoat and could have watched the whole thing again! We have since come back and have been telling all our friends how wonderful it was and that if they get chance they must go, I have shown them endless photos and they agree that it looks fab...

I think the trainers do a fantastic job with these animals... I could never do it i know that much!
Old 25 Sep 12, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Well said whynot!
Old 28 Sep 12, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The belive show was just inspiring and brought tears to my eyes. Prob wont be back to usual by the time we go in may. Shame as I have shown my boys footage of the show and they love it. Hope at least the underwater viewin area will be open by then for them to see the wales.

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 12, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Trainers back in the water

My family have just returned from Florida and went to see the Believe show. I have seen the show with the trainers and it is a lot better. I think if you have never seen it then to see the killer whales perform as they do is amazing. I loved Shamu when I was younger but I did prefer the Blue Horizons show this time. Still brilliant experience though. Definately worth going to see if you are going anyway.
Old 29 Sep 12, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BeastsLaydee
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I have just got back from Florida and cried through one ocean not just once but twice lol we went the 2nd time to get pictures as we were sat in soak zone 1st time lol I also saw the dolphin show and they were both amazing but in different ways!
Old 29 Sep 12, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List